o.k. i tried to help people experiencing the SHARE BUG/GLITCH. As more and more people responded it is clear that some people don't get the bug/glitch while others get it every time. So i'm calling on you people to help me help them by trying to figure out what could cause the bug/glitch. As for me I have not experienced it myself. I've tested the share feature playing on several systems playing about 8 different games. I even called sony support and the tech told me that he was going to file a report so that as more people called in about it it'll get priority treatment... something to that
ANOTHER POST TESTING/REPORTING SHARE BUGLITCH run by Arna_Coeur
CONATACT INFO as per Goodacre0081 suggestion...
So what i'm asking of you people are... as you play a game remember few things.
make sure you know how to share.
1) what game you were playing
*** was it digital or disk???*** I think this is also important
2) how long have you played the game. IMO I think this might be one of the key - longer you play more likely you'll get the bug/glitch
3) did you do anything while playing the game. example go back to the home screen, connected a BT device, etc etc..
4) which setting do you use to share. long press or short press. do not double press since that is not how you save the LAST 15 minutes
5) any other things you people can add to this.
my goal is that as more and more people post what/how they played the game something common will pop up so that we can try and figure it out. Maybe we'll get enough of reply so that sony catch wind of it and they'll release a patch or something. all right people lets get testing. good luck
Edit: updated thread title to reflect content
So it appears that there's some sort of bug with the share feature.
The PS4 as per reports is always suppose to record the last 15 mins. So far that's not how the share feature has functioned when pressing the share button.
When starting a game it records the first 15 mintues, and nothing after that. It won't start recording until after you hit the share button again.
Is anyone else having this issue?
I have several friends that this is happening to, but have yet to see any widespread reports, so I'm wondering if it was something we did or perhaps there's a setting, if there isn't a bug.
Really a shame since this is one of the main features I wanted to use out of the box, but it appears borked in some way.
Same here guys. I was playing Killzone earlier and it recorded a random bit just after the prologue and into the first mission.. yet I had been playing for about an hour and was well into the third mission. When I pressed share to check the last 15 minutes of gameplay, I saw the stuff from the first mission.. which was way longer than 15 minutes ago.
Hitting the share button isn't working quite as intended. Here is how it works for me:
- If I hit the share button within 15 minutes of starting a game, it works as expected.
- If I hit the share button between 15 minutes and approximately an hour after starting a game, the video saved is of when I started up the game.
- If I hit the share button several hours into a session, the video saved is of gameplay that happened at least an hour ago.
Screenshots work fine. Manually recording works fine. However, I'd really like to be able to save video of cool things that happen right that moment rather than a completely different timeframe.
Is anyone experiencing a similar issue? I'm not exactly sure what to try, like if I should do a factory reset or something. If this is a known issue, is there any word on a patch? Thanks for any answers.