1. Every game I have has this problem
2. The bug will only surface after the initial 15 minute recording has finished. Obviously.
3. Did nothing unusual prior to using the Share button.
4. Using the default share settings. Single press to record the LAST 15 min of game play.
5. The bug will happen any time after the initial 15 minutes. So, say after 60 minutes of playing a game I hit the share button to edit/upload, I'm presented with 10-15 minutes of gameplay that started when I first booted up the game. The LAST 15 minutes of footage is totally gone. I can't even find in in the Captures folder in Profile.
I guess the initialize didn't work because I'm still getting 13-15 minutes of footage from the begging of my gaming sessions. I just ended a 1.5 hour BF4 game on the map Silk Road, hit the Share button to see what it recorded and it's showing me the footage I played earlier on the Guilin Peaks map, right when I started up BF4. none of the Silk Road map gameplay is recorded.
To temporarily fix it double tap the share button (To clear the cache and start a new recording) and DO NOT use the home screen (or any blocked scene except the share button menu), so far no problems for hours until you start switching between homescreen, apps and games.
I'm thinking this is game related, similar problems are happening due to game developer error (EX: BF4 no sound when recording and buggy multiplayer recording).