May 21 2014
By: PublicEnemy_N7 First Son 3 posts

Save video button wont show

6 replies 3056 views Edited May 21, 2014

This is literally pissing me off to the point where I want to sell this **bleep** and buy an Xboob. One of the features that I really liked about the PS4 is literally making me stop playing. I ike the new update (1.7) where you need to press SQUARE to save the video.. but why he hell won't it show up half of the time?!!? I have it set to 3 minutes of footage.

Is this rigged to when I do good I cant record?!? "Oh you got a double headshot? Let me not allow you to save that!" But then I push it again 5 seconds later and it works dandy and a f***ing dandelion. I honestly would rather you take the whole feature out until it works as advertised. At least i won;t be disapointed and stressed out dumb **bleep**. 

Fix your $400 Console.

Message 1 of 7 (3,056 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Save video button wont show

May 22, 2014

Yeah I found myself with this problem too. Try this: everytime you launch a game press the Share button to see if it says on the bottom to save video clip with square. If it doesn't appear, return to your game and double-press the share button. A video icon should pop up on upper right corner. Hit the share button again and the option to save video clip should be there. This should set your PS4 to continue recording video clips.

I hope they fix this bug soon.

Here to help PlayStation Gamers in English or Spanish! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7 (3,042 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 23, 2014

Hi, I have this problem, my understading that the console always records the last 15 min of gameplay, I just need tom press the Share button and I have the uption to share the last 15 min of my gameplay, (please correct me if Im wrong), sometimes I have a good COD match and will like to share with my friends and to my surprise, the PS4 did not recorded anything or sometimes the recording is delay (let's say it recorded the first 15 min of my last 30 minutes of gameplay instead of the last 15 min) any help would be really apretiated, like I said probably Im doing something wrong but in back in november or dicember I was doing it this way at did not have any issues.

Message 3 of 7 (3,025 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 23, 2014

Same problem here as well. It worked perfectly until the 1.70 update, and now it's not.

Seems to happen most often to me when I try and capture footage from a cutscene. 

PSN/XBL: Chazprime
Message 4 of 7 (3,022 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 23, 2014

Same for me. Works less than half the time. It defitinitely doesn't work when you think you just had the most EPIC moment ever. FIX THIS! ITS BEEN BROKEN SINCE NOVEMBER!

Message 5 of 7 (2,973 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jun 24, 2014

WELCOME TO HELL

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Share-button-does-not-record-last-15-mi...

(Not reallly hell, but pretty **bleep** annoying) Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 7 (2,959 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2155 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2014

You have to start the record first , to be able to save the clip. I had frustration with the capture feature, until I figured it out. Now no issues.

If you never start to record your 3min clip, it will never save. The PS4 won't continuously record 3 min over and over and over until you want to save it.  The PS4 does not know what you want recorded, unless you tell it to start first.

Try this.
  1.  Start a game.

2.  Press share (twice on mine) to start recording.

3.  After 1 minuite, goto your share page (where it shows folder for uploaded video and folder for uploaded screenshots).  I have it set to hold down share button to goto this page.

4.  Now should see an option at the bottom "press square to save".

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 7 of 7 (2,948 Views)
0 Likes