Apr 23 2014
By: DZEREC First Son 2 posts

Ps4 won't turn on after loud pops and static noise

3 replies 2330 views Edited Apr 23, 2014
My ps4 was not on when I heard 2 loud pops, then about a minute later an even louder static type noise came from it. I later tried turning it on and no response. No light, no beep, no fan, just completely dead. I tried switching it to a different power source but still had the same problem. There wasn't a blown fuse or short circuit because everything else plugged in the the same power source was just fine. I only had my system for about 3 weeks. I cried all night my system died.
Message 1 of 4 (2,330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Ps4 won't turn on after loud pops and static noise

Jul 3, 2014
I have the same issue....i heard a loud pop and then when i tried to turn it on it made a beep once then went dead. I NEED HELP PLZ!!
Message 2 of 4 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Jul 3, 2014

Pretty sure you need to call sony support and get it sent out for repair. If you heard a loud pop and fizzing/hissing static noises from the console I'm pretty sure that's a dead console from some sort of issue.

If it's only 3 weeks old maybe you can still get it replaced or swapped out. Still under warranty for sure, but you'd definitely wanna make sure you get it done sooner rather than later.

Podcast: @TheDGCast
Twitter: @SoAfterISaid
Message 3 of 4 (2,255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 7, 2015

So how much it cost you and what was it

Message 4 of 4 (1,788 Views)
0 Likes