Mar 14 2014
By: Rykung First Son 17 posts

Problem with Standby Mode

2 replies 147 views Edited Mar 14, 2014

Hey guys so as the topic suggest.. I have a problem with my PS4 going into standby mode. For some reason I can't get my system going into standby mode normally.

When I first bought my system which was about a week ago for the first 3 days It would go into standby without fail, left it in standby everytime then I started to notice everytime I tried to make the PS4 go into standby it would just turn it off and there would be no orange light.

I thought of different scenarios where the PS4 would actually go into standby mode if it had something to do in the background, I thought maybe my PS4 wouldn't go into standby because it was completely idle and I was right. I tried connecting my controller while in standby but it ended up turning it off. And then I tried downloading something then going to standby and it worked, the PS4 does have to be doing something in the background for it to go into standby.

But from my understanding of how standby was intended you don't have to be downloading something everytime to go to standby mode, you could simply just charge your controller with nothing else in the background while in standby but for me when I try to do this it turns off the system completely.

It is a little annoying that I have to cold boot it everytime unless im downloading something, some days I just want to hop right on the PS4 without waiting the 10 seconds.

Let me know, is this how the PS4 standby mode is supposed to be or is there a flaw in my system? Everything else seems to be working properly.

Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Problem with Standby Mode

Mar 14, 2014

I leave my PS4 in standby all the time and it never turns off idle or not I've even turned off all settings available in standby and my orange light stays on no matter what. Sorry for I guess bad news.

Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Problem with Standby Mode

Mar 14, 2014

darn, well at least i didnt get a brick ps4 lol

Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)
0 Likes