Mar 05 2014
By: d33_gr4y First Son 1 posts

Primary Playstation Conundrum

5 replies 112 views Edited Mar 5, 2014

I bought my PS4 on the launch day and within 2h of play, something happened within the system and my console would no longer turn on. I would touch the power button, the light will flicker on for a second and then turn back off and the console would be non-responsive until I disconnected it from the power source and plug it back in... Only to have it do the same thing over and over again.

Unfortunately, I had already set it as my primary PS4 and couldn't change it within the console since it wouldn't turn on!!!
I had to return it in the condition it was at... as it being my primary Ps4!

I have since acquired a new, functioning one, and I was wondering if there is any way I can make this new one my primary PS4, without physically having the other one (I wish!)

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Re: Primary Playstation Conundrum

Mar 5, 2014

You should've sent it back to Sony.

Never just return it to the store you bought it at. They can't fix that problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1942 posts

Mar 5, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Never just return it to the store you bought it at. They can't fix that problem.

Are you kidding?

Message 3 of 6 (104 Views)
MVP Support
39470 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

d33_gr4y wrote:

I bought my PS4 on the launch day and within 2h of play, something happened within the system and my console would no longer turn on. I would touch the power button, the light will flicker on for a second and then turn back off and the console would be non-responsive until I disconnected it from the power source and plug it back in... Only to have it do the same thing over and over again.

Unfortunately, I had already set it as my primary PS4 and couldn't change it within the console since it wouldn't turn on!!!
I had to return it in the condition it was at... as it being my primary Ps4!

I have since acquired a new, functioning one, and I was wondering if there is any way I can make this new one my primary PS4, without physically having the other one (I wish!)

Thanks for any help!

You can deactivate the other PS4 if you still need to & you can make your new PS4 the primary one, I've provided a link below for you, but if you require further help with this please PM me & I'll be happy to assit you.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-a-system-on...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Gotta disagree with you here @glaciusx25 , I think we're allowed, actually it may even be law (not sure) that we have at least 30 days to return any item to the store from where it was purchased, I know I would!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Mar 5, 2014
ALWAYS confront a retailer first.

Sony and their awful support should be a worst case scenario.
Message 6 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes