Jun 30 2014
By: mahk-x First Son 5 posts

Playstation 4 Stuck on 'Please Wait' When attempting to Log on PSN

46 replies 21651 views Edited Jun 30, 2014

Good Afternoon and Good Evening Playstation Forums!

I've done my homework and I realize several people are having the same issue that I've been having. I bought my PS4 06/05/2014. I've been a loyal Sony Customer since the PS2 days and have fell in love with the experiences and journeys that I've embarked upon since then.

After configuring my PS4 to my network settings and having had attempted to sign into the PSN, I obtain a continuous 'Please Wait' screen when logging in. It wont even let me create a new account! I knew I didn't 'need' to sign into the playstation network to play games so I continued playing the games I purchased for a couple weeks. After beating those I decided to investigate this problem for myself. 

After having 3 chats with techsupport agents online I have offically  EXHAUSTED ALL TROUBLESHOOTING OPTIONS!

I've restarted my router and my playstation numerous times.

I've connected it to a wired connection.

I've rebuilt my database

I've initialized my ps4- wiped ALL MY DATA (I couldn't back it up because I couldn't connect to the PSN!)

I've updated to the lastest firmware in safemode (for some reason it still allows me to update it in safe mode even when I've updated it)

I have exhausted all my options. Now the last gentelemen that I was on chat with told me to call the tech support since they would be able to solve the issue. Instead I was on the phone for 40 minutes with a gentlemen only to get disconnected having had run all the troubleshooting options again and again.

The latest gentelemen that I got off the phone with is telling me that this problem is a problem with the playstation network and not my playstation because the playstation network is down and my system can connect to the internet just fine. I just checked and the playstation network is not down. Even if it was, I've had this problem ever since I got the playstation meaning that the problem is not a network issue, its a hardware issue. 

Numerous people are having this same issue and playstation is absolutely ignoring it. Has anyone had any luck, I need to obtain a new playstation under my warranty! This is the first time I've ever had a run in with the playstation support and its services are deplorable. I asked the support agent (the 3rd one) to let me speak to a manager and he wouldn't even let me talk to a manager! 

He then tried to convince me that the problem was because I don't have playstation plus! YOU DONT NEED PLAYSTATION PLUS TO (AT LEAST) SIGN IN to the playstation network! This is ridiculous, I demand some answers!

Message 1 of 47 (21,651 Views)
PlayStation Support
5921 posts

Re: Playstation 4 Stuck on 'Please Wait' When attempting to Log on PSN

Jun 30, 2014

Try connecting to another network (preferably one with another ISP) to see if you have an issue specific to your local connection.

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 2 of 47 (21,635 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Thank You!

Jul 1, 2014

Hello!

Thanks for the Reply! I felt in my gut that it just may be a problem with my ISP. It's terrible that I had to wipe all my data first before this problem will be solved. But I'll just tell my friends to make sure they can connect to the PSN before doing ANYTHING with this system.

You reccomend me just finding somewhere else to connect? I'm afraid it's not that simple. But I was reccomended by the (third) customer serivice gentlemen to have AT-T UVERSE dudes open some ports? a PCP one and a UDP one, and he gave me those numbers so I'm trying that and am going to see if that works.

If not then you will be the first to know. I'm on the phone with him now.

Message 3 of 47 (21,613 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 1, 2014

I just got off the phone with him, we did a Port Froward and it still did not work for the Playstation. Now he's saying to contact you guys and ask if my internet speed is a factor but it's not like I'm getting an error message or something. It just says 'please wait' forever. 

I don't think its very practical for you to tell me to just uproot and go find somewhere else to connect my playstation. I'm a working class citizen and cant just do these things on the fly. If the opporotunity presents itself I will, but is there anyway to determine that my internet connection is too slow in the interim?

Message 4 of 47 (21,607 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Anyone there? This issue needs to be solved asap.

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2014

Message 5 of 47 (21,579 Views)
MVP Support
14110 posts

Re: Anyone there? This issue needs to be solved asap.

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2014

mahk-x wrote:

Hi mahk-x,

Who do you have available in your area, isp wise? 

I can relate in regards to Uverse. I only get around 9mbps on my Vita. Don't have any choice to go to the ISP I want to either, which is Charter. I only have AT&T and Comcast to go through, either of which aren't that good.

Maybe you can see what the others can offer you, if AT&T can't help you with your issue.

Also, have you checked out your internet speed in general, just to get a baseline on it? If it's running normally on your computer then it could be something on their end. 

@Unicorn--Justice What if he isn't able to switch? There are some of us out there who are limited to only a few choices in an area, isp wise. And maybe he's on a budget and he can't switch or he's on a plan with his isp that requires him to stay with them. Isn't there anything else he can do to get his system to work right?

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 6 of 47 (21,574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2014
Having the same problem. Just bought mine today
Message 7 of 47 (21,522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2014
Forgive me, the problem fixed itself?
Message 8 of 47 (21,521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2014
Nope worked for me, but now its giving my wife an issue
Message 9 of 47 (21,518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 5, 2014

I bought my ps4 3 days ago and I still can't  sign in.  I was able to update the firmware with no problems and then I get this infinite please wait screen when I try to sign in or create a new account. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked.

Message 10 of 47 (21,483 Views)