Nov 14 2013
By: tmllyjr First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 won't turn on

28 replies 29207 views Edited Nov 14, 2013

II was lucky enough to win a PS4 via the Taco Bell contest and it arrived today! However, it won't turn on...or off, unless I unplug it. The blue light comes on...and that's it...it just keeps blinking/pulsing. I can (after 10 or more minutes of waiting) turn the machine off by unplugging it and then enter Safe Mode. However, restarting from there doesn't work. Nor does initializing the PS4. Ican't get the thing to turn on to try the more drastic final Initialization option since there's no way I can have a copy of the system software on hand. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start tinkinering with this until right after the chat and phone support lines shut down for the night. So, I have a nice new paperweight to stare at for the rest of the night. Hopefully, support can get me up and running tomorrow...or get a replacement on its way.

Message 1 of 29 (29,207 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 won't turn on

Nov 14, 2013

It's the HDMI output. I am a winner as well and have the same problem and already looked into it. A lot of other winner's are reporting the same problem. Even IGN recieved a PS4 with a faulty HDMI output. Unfortunatly I too was unable to conntact a Support Representative in lue of them closing today. I did read however in a special case this one man in Maryland was able to get through to a SP and they are sending a tagged box to ship the faulty PS4 for a new one, no more news has been shed on it. None the less this is extremely aggrivating and it looks like we are not going to "Play the Future" before anyone else. 

Message 2 of 29 (29,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Hi Guys,

try this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1ql51v/how_to_fix_the_evident_ps4_brick_after_freeze/

I herd some of these consoles are coming with horrible HDDs. Real stupid considering how good the ps2 and ps3 quality were. Please try these steps and let me know. Im picking mine up friday and i hope to god nothing happenes. 

Message 3 of 29 (29,086 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 14, 2013
My blue light comes on as well will not turn white or give me any display on my tv. I have tried on 2 tv's a total of. 4 different hi cables and. 6 different hd I ports. I called playstation. Have some help at to boot in safe mode (it would not boot in sage mode) Brian was very helpful but was told I had to call back on the 15 to get full tech support on ps 4 but will probably have to be sent in for service. Then was Gibran a hard sell to get the 3 year warranty
Message 4 of 29 (29,016 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2013

**bleep**, the manufacturer makes Sony looks bad. Smiley Sad
i prefer [Made in Japan] stuff, it has perfect quality.

Message 5 of 29 (28,043 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20193 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Turning on and turning off the power Turning on the power

The following methods are available to turn on the PS4™ system. When the power turns on, the power indicator blinks in blue, and then lights up in white.

• Touch the power button.
  • Press the PS button on a controller for which device registration (pairing) is complete.

Turning off the power

Caution

Only disconnect the plug of the AC power cord from the electrical outlet when the power indicator is turned off. If you disconnect it while the power indicator is lit or blinking, data might be lost or corrupted, and the system might be damaged.

Entering standby mode

When the system is in standby mode, the screen is turned off. You can set the system to perform actions such as download files, or charge the controller from a USB port.
The following methods are available for entering standby mode. When the system enters standby mode, the screen turns off, the power indicator blinks in white, and then the power indicator lights up in orange.

• Select (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Enter Standby Mode].
  • Press and hold the PS button for at least 1 second, and then select [Enter Standby Mode] on the screen that is displayed.
  • Touch the power button for at least 1 second (until the system beeps).
    If there are no checkmarks set in the settings under (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode], the system turns off completely.

To exit standby mode, use a method from "Turning on the power".

To adjust functions available in standby mode, select (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode].

Turning off the power completely

The following methods are available to turn off the PS4™ system. When the system turns off completely, the screen turns off, the power indicator blinks in white, and then the power indicator turns off.

• Select (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Turn Off PS4].
  • Press and hold the PS button for at least 1 second, and then select [Turn Off PS4] on the screen that is displayed.
  • Touch the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

Message 6 of 29 (27,650 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 14, 2013
I too am having this problem. Already called to get a replacement.
Message 7 of 29 (27,538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I just recieved mine from Walmart via FedEx this morning and its BRICKED.. http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qm7yo/my_ps4_is_bricked_out_of_the_box/

https://vine.co/v/hT3vVlh2gvF

Message 8 of 29 (27,474 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Well, it is a well known fact that UPS and Fedex both mishandle packages from damaged boxes to throwing boxes acrossed warehouses, into the truck, or even to your front door. So there will be damaged console coming from those delivery services.

Message 9 of 29 (27,361 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5631 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Hi all,

Please do not disconnect the power supply from your console while it is powered on.  You can cause damage to your PS4 if you do that.

Instead try the PS4 Safe Mode options 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/

If the safe mode options do not restore functionality, please try contacting Support 

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 10 of 29 (27,282 Views)