Nov 19 2013
By: HiiiPowered_ First Son 5 posts

PS4 keeps shutting down. i need an update please!! READ

10 replies 1540 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

my ps4 randomly shuts down just like everyone elses i dont have to be playing a game or anything even when moving around on the homescreen it shuts off every now and then. when i try to reboot it nothing happens just the blue light. but when i turn it off and on a few times the ps4 logo shows back up then ususally starts safe mode and starts working again for how ever long until i cuts off again. im pretty sure my system is defective. i just need an update on this issue from anyone who has the same problem. am i going to have to send it in? or can i bring it back to gamestop when they have more in stock? or if there is a fix let me know. i don't want my money to go to waste :/

Message 1 of 11 (1,540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: PS4 keeps shutting down. i need an update please!! READ

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Your best bet is to call game stop and see if they can exchange it for a new one. If not call Sony who will ask you to send it In as you pretty have a defective system. I had the same problem and nothing I tried ever got the system to stay on for more than 10 minutes.

Message 2 of 11 (1,531 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Defective unit.  Phone Sony.

Message 3 of 11 (1,525 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 19, 2013

man this sucks. any idea on how long itll take to get a new system after sending it in?

Message 4 of 11 (1,508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 19, 2013
So far people seem to get an estimate of 2-3 weeks.
Message 5 of 11 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I'm having the same issue, but mine shuts off whenever I try to boot up BF4 or Blacklight Retribution....only FIFA works for me..

This sucks. But I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. For a moment, I thought I was the only person in the world having this problem seeing as how there aren't many reports of this specific issue.

Message 6 of 11 (1,451 Views)
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 19, 2013

@HiiiPowered 

That sucks to hear that man, really. I wouldn't waste anymore time. Take it back to GameStop and see about exchanging it for another one or contact Sony ASAP. They're slammed with repair related issues. First come, first serve. Again, sorry to hear about this man, hope it gets fixed!

"Don't forget to give Kudos!"
Message 7 of 11 (1,444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2013
yep same issue, ill be playing randomly then reboots or shuts off and restarts itself into safe mode. I just woke up, and after leaving it completely shut off for a whole night it restarted into safe mode. Im on hold with Sony now
Message 8 of 11 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6580 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Just sent my unit out yesterday for this issue. They are overnight the coffin for you to send your system out in and it's overnighted back to them. Hopefully it's just a 3-4 day turn around. Supposedly they are just exchanging consoles for the time being since they aren't sure what the source of the problem is. Later on they are going to be giving the refurbished consoles out. So I think if you have any sort of problem contact Sony asap to get a new replacement while you can, otherwise later on you're going to get a refurbished unit. Also the overnight shipping only counts on weekdays. Same with calling. If you call on the weekend nothing will be done until Monday. One more thing. My console did this as soon as I got it, and then it seemed fine for a day and didn't shut off, then started doing it again. So if you your console has been shutting off and seems fine now I'd still call them because it's probably going to start doing it again.

Message 9 of 11 (1,411 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Im on the line with a Sony rep now, youll need to send it in. I called last night as well, and they told me to initialize the ps4 (option 6 in safe mode) that worked for an hour, but our mutual problem continued. The lady on the phone send i need to send it in
Message 10 of 11 (1,406 Views)