Feb 20 2014
By: xjoel3 First Son 2 posts

PS4 dont accept disc after 1.61

5 replies 512 views Edited Feb 20, 2014
Hi,

My PS4 was working fine till today that i installed firmware 1.61, it ejected my assassins creed 4 disc, wont accept it and keeps making noises like is loading a disc.

I already search the forum and the only similar issues is the one of not ejecting disc.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6 (512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS4 dont accept disc after 1.61

Feb 20, 2014

im having the same problem, have been since the day i bought the ps4 back in november. happened a couple times early on but more frequently as of late. ill randomly find the ps4 in standby mode and the disc ejected. dont think the game has anything to do with it since im running cod ghosts. there is a temp fix i've found, unplug the power cord as the ps4 is making the eject noise

JOEMOE1682
- PS4 - PS3
- PS2 - PS1
Message 2 of 6 (491 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Feb 20, 2014

Same here. A lot of people are having this problem. Mine was doing this already in December but its been getting worse with time and happening more often. 

I'm really annoyed and I don't want to send it in cause I hate waiting. I'd rather just exchange it in-store but none are available. 

ZzzZ

Mine ejects the discs, continues to eject the disc and makes a somewhat grinding noise. I've also found that standing the PS4 up vertically also helps as a temporary fix.

Message 3 of 6 (481 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Ive got the same problem and it also makes the beep noises at random moments sometimes. Unpluggingt he power when it makes the grinding noise seemes to have helped for now. Im affraid ill have to send it back in though.

Also tried unolugging it and starting it uo in safe mode by holding the power button, ten choose option 5 as i read on some other forum but this did nothing.
The gaming bodybuilder.
Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Thats probably a hardware fault. My console had the same issues. Dont wait for a system software update to "fix" the problem. People are reporting issues like that for 3 months. Contact sony.

Message 5 of 6 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Thanks for your comments, yesterday in the forums i found the below solution, i tried it and seems to be working fine.

Over the weekend i plan to test and let you know if it worked as a permanent solution. 

Support: System Software Updates

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/new-install/

Message 6 of 6 (392 Views)
0 Likes