First Son
6 posts

Re: PS4 Update 4.50 Broke My Console

last month

My problem is the same as ShadowDemon_20's, except I am using the 800mb file. I'll plug that into my ps4 and it will work and install correctly; I'll see the ps4 go through the reinstallation process. Then, when it reboots to complete the process, I'm brought back to the same "cannot start the PS4. connect a usb drive with update file for reinstallation of 4.50 or later". I have only been able to find like one other person online having this specific problem ever, and I don't think they ever solved it. 

Message 11 of 19 (407 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

last month

You are not the only one having this issue. Mine will say the same thing every time I go to start it up since trying to install the new up date.  I've gone and downloaded the full install file i've tryed putting it in safe made and doing it that way but no success.  It's really pissing me off and I've looked everywhere to find a solution.  If you find one please let me know I'd hate for this to be the reason I quit playstation but i'm heading done that road.

Message 12 of 19 (374 Views)
First Son
2 posts

last month

It's definlty an issue after update 4.50, I'm having the same problem can't update any files to play games online and my friends are having similiar isuues.

I called sony and they said they are aware of the problems people are having after update 4.50, it's been almost 2 weeks now and I still can't update any files. 

Message 13 of 19 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

last month

Is there a chance that my hard drive actually could be corrupted and getting a new one would fix this problem? I really don't want to buy a new hard drive unless I absolutely have to.

Message 14 of 19 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

last month

Mine is giving a lot of  errors everytime i boot it sometimes just shuts down or not even boots Smiley Sad

If  i leave a disk in it´s even worse it starts spinning non stop Smiley Sad

I´m calling sony tomorrow.

Had a launch PS3 gave me the YLOD and now this Smiley Sad

They just don´t make them like they used to Smiley Sad

Good old times with the PS1 and PS2. No updates needed.

Message 15 of 19 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

Same thing happens but if i go to guest account but don't sign in to playstation network it works fine i can play dvd or games that are on console.

Message 16 of 19 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

The exact same thing happened to me. I called Sony and i was given help... It  worked, there is a safety mode, turn of your ps4 then hold down the power nutton until you hear 2 beeps. when you do that you will be taken to the safety menu and you can try to update again doing it that way. Hope this helps you

Message 17 of 19 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

4 weeks ago
I'm having this issue as well and need a fix.

I started having issues after the 4.50 update where the console would hang and then spit out an error message. I also couldn't download or install game updates. Looking up the error message it said it couldn't read / write data to the hard drive and to rebuild my database.

I tried rebuilding my database but got another error. After looking that one up, it said to do a clean install of the OS and start new again. Trying that I got an error saying it couldn't read my USB jump drive. After I found another person with all the same issues and they said it the hard drive and it needs to be replaced.

So seeing the hard drive in my PS4 isn't a good brand, I ordered a new one and installed a new Westen Digital black edition drive today before work.

Booted the PS4 into safe mode and tried installing the 4.50 update file. It installed it and then reboots me back into the install screen.

It will not install the 4.50 OS and load up. Really need some help here.
Message 18 of 19 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

2 weeks ago

Same thing happened to me . Getting error code(SU-95397-6) and it's in constant loop couldn't  even /get to the loading screen.

Tried everything . Thisis very frustrating and that error code wasnt even on their archive.

Message 19 of 19 (46 Views)
0 Likes