Mar 20 2017
By: ScallopW First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 Pro restore at 24 hours... and counting.

3 replies 75 views Edited last month
I did a backup of my old PS4 onto an external hdd, and I'm currently restoring it on my new Pro (2TB hdd). The restore is currently at about 24 hours in and has stayed at 262.8 GB/749.8 GB for most of that time. It estimates 49 hours left to go (this is the only number that's changing, and so far it's only going up).

I read an old post that seemed to about this same problem and the solution was to be patient. It didn't state the total time of their restore though. So, my question is can a restore take multiple days to complete? Oh, and as I'm typing this, the estimated time left has increased to 50 hours.
Message 1 of 4 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: PS4 Pro restore at 24 hours... and counting.

[ Edited ]
last month

It should only take hours, it generally operates at a bit slower than the harddrives read/write. You may have an issue with your external drive or the restore got botched, try again. Never had this happen, I'm wondering if some of the stuff got restored.

Message 2 of 4 (58 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1048 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Maybe the restore have hung or stopped working. It shouldn't completely stop at the same size number for more then a few hours.

Unplug USB storage, let PS4 restart, try different PS4 Pro USB port like the back USB port, and try restore again?

Message 3 of 4 (49 Views)
First Son
2 posts

last month
It looks like the hdd went bad during the restore as I was unable to reinitialize it after canceling the restore. I swapped out the hdd with the one that came with the pro and was able to reinitialize. Started the restore process again, hopefully it was just that hdd that went bad.
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)
0 Likes