Jan 20 2017
By: waki-87 First Son 1 posts

PS4 Pro Sound cutting out

[ Edited ]
3 replies 504 views Edited Jan 20, 2017

Hello, 

Lately I am having sound cuting out with my PS4 Pro. Weird thing is that when I go back in the Menu, there is a sound, but when I go back in game again, no sound. 

I have to go in the audio output setting, and change DTS into Linear PCM, and then PCM to DTS, so the sound can come back.

My PS4 is connected to the TV thought HDMI, and my TV is connected to the Bose Lifestyle 650 thought HDMI or Optical, tried both and still the same problems.

I dont have this issue with my xbox one S or when I normally watch TV.

Can someone help please

Mod Edit: Thread moved from General to Consoles & Peripherals support. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 4 (504 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Pro Sound cutting out

last month
I am having this issue to, happens while using audio from controller too.
Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Bought a new PS4 Pro earlier today and I'm having the same issue with Horizon. First time I boot it up the disc was excessively loud, but after a reboot it was fine. But the sound still keeps randomly cutting out for a brief moment, and it's driving me crazy. Had 2 PS4s since launch with zero issues.

Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

3 days ago

Just wanted to say the same thing is happening with my PRO. First time it happned was with Horizon a few weeks back, and now it is happening on Mass Effect. It's only happening on the PS4, not my other console that also has DTS.

Like waki, I have it hooked up to my TV (samsung ks9000) with HDMI, and my TV to Receiver using optical (pioneer 1130k).

Message 4 of 4 (33 Views)
0 Likes