Splicer
72 posts

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Jan 7, 2017

darkhadou10 wrote:

Cursed81 wrote:

SUPA_FRANKY wrote:

FYI guys it's a Sony thing. I have a Sony 65x930d tv and does the same thing. It's not your Samsung. Sony needs to address this but they are obviously ignoring it...

Really? The thing is, it's not THAT widespread. Otherwise there'd be hundreds of people complaining here.

I tried a suggestion posted by a Samsung support guy over at the official Samsung forums: I turned on the TV, then unplugged it completely. Kept it that way for a couple minutes, removed all HDMI cables and plugged it back. Then connected back all HDMI cables one by one.

I was then able to play FFXV a couple hours without a single black screen. I put my PS4 on rest mode now. Will play again later and will let you guys know if I get black screens again or not.

Nope, tried the power cyling myself way before Samsung even suggested it to me. Didn't work for me. Let us know how you fare.

Well I don't know what to tell you guys... This thing is driving me insane... The power cycling DID work for me. Or so it seems.

I did it yesterday as I wrote above and played a couple hours without issues, put my PS4 on rest mode.

Today I played in the morning 3 hours and in the afternoon another 3 hours.... Not a single black screen. This was all on FFXV in HDR.

I am on firmware 1160 by the way and the black screens started occuring again directly after the firmware upgrade. I am pretty sure I even got a couple black screens while watching HD stuff on my media player as well. That was also before the power cycling. I am planning to watch a movie later tonight, again on the media player so will report back if I get a black screen or not. Might play FFXV some more. My PS4 is again in Rest Mode.

Message 81 of 187 (781 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 7, 2017

I have a 3 month old LG 4K LED set and same thing has been happening for a while. I found the fix below- 

http://www.pcmag.com/news/349570/how-to-fix-the-ps4-pro-no-signal-4k-tv-problem

Message 82 of 187 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2017

xwave123 wrote:

I have a 3 month old LG 4K LED set and same thing has been happening for a while. I found the fix below- 

http://www.pcmag.com/news/349570/how-to-fix-the-ps4-pro-no-signal-4k-tv-problem

This is not a fix. This is a workaround that results in loss of functionality. Using YUV420 and HDCP 1.4 is not a solution to the problem.

What I am beginning to feel is that every single manufacturer is clueless when it comes to the latest 4K standards. There are issues in BOTH the TV and PS4 firmware.

As mentioned above, people are having the black screens even with UHD Bluray players, 4K Media Players etc...

This makes the "awesome" reveal of HDMI 2.1 and 8K monitors even more ridiculous considering how unpolished 4K still is.

Again, the issue is complex and not easy to identify. On my side, I didn't get a single black screen for a couple days after doing a power cycle. Prior to the power cycle, FFXV was completely unplayable.

Message 83 of 187 (738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I have the same issue. I have aps4 pro and a LG TV 43UH603V 4k HDR PRO. in fifa 17 my screen flicker at 2160p rgb , yuv or automatic. I try all solutions from here but nothing works. When i change the image type on my tv ( when i play fifa is on Sport) from sport to Game or Cinema flickering stops.. my tv LG have 1 option TrueMotion and if i disable flickering stops . Who have lg tv disable TrueMotion and flickering stops in 4k
Message 84 of 187 (679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 10, 2017

I went in and turned hdcp off and did the power cycle a few days ago. While it did not fix the problem, it has definitely reduced the frequesncy of the drop-outs. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if one of those actions actually did something to improve the situation. I'm not running any streaming through my PS4 so I don't think the hdcp will create any problems for the time being. I'll turn it back on when Sony finally corrects the problem. 

Message 85 of 187 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 11, 2017

george_tirebyter wrote:

I went in and turned hdcp off and did the power cycle a few days ago. While it did not fix the problem, it has definitely reduced the frequesncy of the drop-outs. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if one of those actions actually did something to improve the situation. I'm not running any streaming through my PS4 so I don't think the hdcp will create any problems for the time being. I'll turn it back on when Sony finally corrects the problem. 

No need to turn off HDCP. A power cycle alone should do the trick. I didn't change any setting in either my PS4 Pro or TV.

Someone suggested something in another thread: some type of interference when other devices are connected to the One Connect, in his case an Xbox One S. Next time I get a black screen, I will try this trick and see if it solves the issue. Not ideal again, but better than a power cycle or messing with settings.

Message 86 of 187 (595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 11, 2017

"Someone suggested something in another thread: some type of interference when other devices are connected to the One Connect, in his case an Xbox One S. Next time I get a black screen, I will try this trick and see if it solves the issue. Not ideal again, but better than a power cycle or messing with settings."

For what it's worth I only have my Onkyo receiver plugged into the one connect.. All my components run through the receiver and the only issue I'm having is with the PS4 Pro flickering.

Message 87 of 187 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 12, 2017

george_tirebyter wrote:

"Someone suggested something in another thread: some type of interference when other devices are connected to the One Connect, in his case an Xbox One S. Next time I get a black screen, I will try this trick and see if it solves the issue. Not ideal again, but better than a power cycle or messing with settings."

For what it's worth I only have my Onkyo receiver plugged into the one connect.. All my components run through the receiver and the only issue I'm having is with the PS4 Pro flickering.

Can you please try plugging your PS4 directly into the One Connect? Start with a power cycle, then try this. Just curious if it will fix the issue for you like it did for me. It's been 4 days since my last black screen.

Message 88 of 187 (518 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jan 12, 2017

Cursed81 wrote:

george_tirebyter wrote:

Can you please try plugging your PS4 directly into the One Connect? Start with a power cycle, then try this. Just curious if it will fix the issue for you like it did for me. It's been 4 days since my last black screen.

I'll give it a try but I'll have to pick up an optical cable first to get sound back from thr TV. I can't understand what's affecting the problem. Two days ago I played for over 2 hours with a total of two flickers. Last night I had to stop playing because the flickering was every 10-15 seconds and the same game was unplayable.

Message 89 of 187 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 12, 2017

Make sure that you have a 4K HDMI 2.2. I had my Pro 4K 2.2 hdmi pluged in to my VR before i picked up my Samsung 65KS8000 4K Ultra HD TV - with High Dynamic Range and got the same thing but put in my 2.2v hdmi to my Pro, all was well.

ps4 photo: barret vs ps4 barret_ps4_zpsddc03c33.gif
Message 90 of 187 (473 Views)
0 Likes