First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Dec 31, 2016
Using the one connect having issues tried everything can only get it fuctioning with uhd color off. Nothing else plugged in.
Message 61 of 187 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 31, 2016

darkhadou10 wrote:

You guys using the ks models, are your HDMI ports already attached to the TV or is it use by the one connect box with the hdmi ports on it that has a separate cable going to the TV? Also, do you guys have anything connected between the ps4 and TV? Aka PSVR, hdmi switchers/splitters, couplers etc.. Or is it directly from ps4 pro to hdmi port?

Using the One connect. No switch, splitter or receiver.
Sorry to hear that my solution didn't work for the others... It's now 6 days in a row without a single black screen. I am only playing Watch Dogs 2 right now but as I mentioned before, it used to happen even on the home screen so wasn't game related IMHO.
Maybe it's a combination of different factors? I am using a KableDirekt HDMI cable, NOT the default cable that came with the Pro.

Message 62 of 187 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 2, 2017
I have the same issue! I have Samsung 60in KS8000 (US) I have also tried everything changing RGB to full or limited fixed it for me for a short time but it would eventually happen again. I eventually changed Resolution to 2160p YUV420 and automatic for everything else and it has been fine for about 2 weeks HDR and SDR content! Sony or Samsung need to fix this!
Message 63 of 187 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2017

Also running the same issue here with brand new 65" Samsung KS8000 (AU). I've tried everything listed here and from other sites, but no luck. The best I got was like an hour of gaming without the "black screen". The only thing i haven't tried is "re-initialising" the **bleep** PS4 Pro, don't wanna waste my time with something that isn't guaranteed, i have too much content to re-download again. 

Seems like the only way for my PS4 Pro to work is to set to YUV420 mode. This will let me experience 4K resolution with HDR on (4K/HDR-enabled games), though I still want to be able to have RGB for non-HDR games as well as YUV422 for HDR-enabled games. Sony better release some patches, it is pissing alot of ppl off.

Message 64 of 187 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 2, 2017

Smokey-chan wrote:

Also running the same issue here with brand new 65" Samsung KS8000 (AU). I've tried everything listed here and from other sites, but no luck. The best I got was like an hour of gaming without the "black screen". The only thing i haven't tried is "re-initialising" the **bleep** PS4 Pro, don't wanna waste my time with something that isn't guaranteed, i have too much content to re-download again. 

Seems like the only way for my PS4 Pro to work is to set to YUV420 mode. This will let me experience 4K resolution with HDR on (4K/HDR-enabled games), though I still want to be able to have RGB for non-HDR games as well as YUV422 for HDR-enabled games. Sony better release some patches, it is pissing alot of ppl off.

Why do you assume that it is solely Sony's fault here? Why wouldn't it be something to blame with Samsung's sets? Just curious...

I really wish someone manages to get it fixed as well so we can try to pinpoint exactly what fixed the issue for me. I am actually planning to go back to my standard PS4 Pro HDMI cable just to check if that makes a difference.

And maybe play some Uncharted 4 in HDR which was the game that used to give me the most headaches previously.

Message 65 of 187 (687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 2, 2017
Has anyone tried just using the pro in 1080p? I know this is not ideal as we bought a pro for 4k but maybe if others don't have this problem occur in 1080p then we can somewhat narrow down where the problem is.

For me, I haven't had it occur while playing in 1080p but would like to know if anyone else is not having this problem in 1080p.
Message 66 of 187 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jan 3, 2017
I know for a fact that the Pro will not have this issue while set to 1080p, the screen blacking out problem only accurs while playing at 2160 RGB or Automatic detect.
Message 67 of 187 (633 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2017

It happens to me too... only when I mess around changing settings on tv while playing... changing games whit HDR to non-HDR causes this issue too. my setting are all automatic... i´ll try set to locked setting to see if the problem persists. 

It happened 2 times:

1 - I was testing Uncharted 4 HDR... 30-60 minutes straight without this problem... quit the game, tv turns to non-hdr again... gave PS4 a restart (kept TV on). it started blinking on dash/os

2 - playing The Last of Us changing HDR to non-HDR to test difference... changing setting on TV... lots of changes... it starts blinking again when i quited game.

When it happens... I turn PS4 off, TV off..... tv on and then PS4 on.... play a game without issue... even if it´s HDR (NBA2K17) hole game without blinks.

PS4 Pro

Samsung KS7000(Brazil) = KS8000(US)

Message 68 of 187 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jan 3, 2017
One thing I don't understand is why we still haven't heard anything from one of the forum mods... This thread has been active now since the Pro was released and clearly there's an issue going on here but all is quite from Sony!
Message 69 of 187 (611 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jan 3, 2017
The biggest problem here is trying to figure out where it's coming from.

Is it the Samsung TV?
Is it the pro?
Is it combination of incompatibility from both?

I mean there doesn't seem to be any noise from either party which leads me to believe that a new firmware update (either for the TV or the ps4 pro) would not fix any problem.

Coincidentally, I've not have any flicker problems since I've done a direct hdmi connect from the pro to the one connect box for my Samsung TV. I initially had it set up from the pro>psvr>one connect. But I need to have it fixed because I want the PSVR connected at all times so I can play VR or just ps4 without having to reconnect the vr. I'm also aware that there's no hdr with the vr but I have an hdmi coupler I use to enable vr but the flickering also happens when connected to the coupler.

So far no flickers with a direct connect from pro to one connect and I played a few hours yesterday and last week.
Message 70 of 187 (598 Views)
0 Likes