First Son
5 posts

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Mar 20, 2017

ctfw529 wrote:

Hr_Sommer wrote:
The problem is the Ps4 Pro, until next update use YUV mode instead of RGB on Samsung tv. You will lose some FPS, but the black drop outs will stop. That works for me, hope its gonna work for All of you.

this is exactly what LG tv owners said...until the day that LG put out a FW update for their TVs, and now no issues at all...

Just because a TV manufacturer puts out a firmware update doesn't mean the problem was on their end. Case in point: Arris had to put out a special bootfile for their SB8200 cable modems that were trying to connect to Cisco CBR8 CMTS that had incompatible software on Comcast's networks until Comcast could resolve the software conflict (the bootfile disabled DOCSIS 3.1 features until Comcast gets the fix in because the problem manifested itself as the modem being unable to sync with the CMTS because the CMTS would fail to fall back to DOCSIS 3.0 feature sets if 3.1 channels hadn't been enabled yet).

Don't assume that a firmware update from any specific manufacturer is evidence it was their fault. They may simply be working around a bad situation on the other end of the hardware equation.

Message 161 of 195 (700 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 20, 2017

SquishyTia wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

Hr_Sommer wrote:
The problem is the Ps4 Pro, until next update use YUV mode instead of RGB on Samsung tv. You will lose some FPS, but the black drop outs will stop. That works for me, hope its gonna work for All of you.

this is exactly what LG tv owners said...until the day that LG put out a FW update for their TVs, and now no issues at all...

Just because a TV manufacturer puts out a firmware update doesn't mean the problem was on their end. Case in point: Arris had to put out a special bootfile for their SB8200 cable modems that were trying to connect to Cisco CBR8 CMTS that had incompatible software on Comcast's networks until Comcast could resolve the software conflict (the bootfile disabled DOCSIS 3.1 features until Comcast gets the fix in because the problem manifested itself as the modem being unable to sync with the CMTS because the CMTS would fail to fall back to DOCSIS 3.0 feature sets if 3.1 channels hadn't been enabled yet).

Don't assume that a firmware update from any specific manufacturer is evidence it was their fault. They may simply be working around a bad situation on the other end of the hardware equation.

In this case, I am now 90% positive that the issue is with Samsung. I even get cases of flashing black screens with the built-in Netflix app (in the Smart Hub) and my Android media player box.

And Samsung has been releasing exceedingly bad firmware lately. The latest one 1167 is causing lots of problems for many people, all complaining on the official Samsung TV forums. It goes without saying that I am skipping that particular firwmare release...

Message 162 of 195 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2017

I mean it could be in your case. or you could just be confusing two diff issues that are completely unrelated, blacking out is caused by MANY different things. samsung has bad firmware support, and in todays age with HDMI spec in constant flux, that's bad.

I'm merely stating the PS4 pro also does send data kind of crappy and it caused issues on ALL tvs until tvs worked around the issue. They didn't fix a bug on their end to fix the issue, they work around PS4 pro bug.

Message 163 of 195 (656 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2017

I also have PS4 PRO and a Samsung KS8000 UK TV (KS9000 US)  tried that force 1.4 mode it doesent fix jack, RESET Resolution on PS4 and no difference. This is too fustrating blackouts just started happeneing all of a sudden and won't stop.

Message 164 of 195 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2017

BTW I may have discovered something new. Reducing the consoles system cpu usage seems to reduce blackouts. which is likely cause of the bug in the PS4 pro. Biggest way to do this is to disable the network stack. go into settings/network then disable network entirely. i realize this is not ideal but this isn't being ofered as a solutoin, it's being offered as debugging. disable anything and everything in the console you really don't need (but at very least, network is a big one)

I was able to reduce blackouts from every few seconds under heavy cpu load in the XMB (downloading god knows what) to never, by disabling network functions. Like I said previously some tvs have firmware to handle the issue on their end by not requesting a resync when PS4 pro drops packets or sends floods (ie get shakey then plays catch up). But I'm starting to believe what actually causes the issue is console being under too much load.

Message 165 of 195 (592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2017

Similar issue here, too, with a Samsung "SUHD65something".

Screen doesn't go black, but it flickers with image distortions when HDR is enabled in the TV settings, both in game and the home screen.

Setting the PS4 Pro manually to YUV420 seems to "solve" the issue... But I rather have a proper solution where I can have RGB for non-hdr games.

Would be nice to have a statement from Sony and/or Samsung.

Message 166 of 195 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Mar 21, 2017

honestly the bandwidth for HDR in RGB mode is ridiculous. it's tough to squeeze in 18 GBps and not all tvs are equal either. most vendors have to drop to YUV if you want to use HDR. personally I prefer RBG over crushed colors with HDR myself so I can sympathize. 

Hell I just found out my tv has a 10Gbits HDMI 2.0 port despite the fact the spec is supposed to be 18Gbits (yes even 2.0 was 18Gbits, a and b just tacked on features), because the tv cpu itself can't process 18Gbits so they capped the HDMI 2.0 port. In fact this is what caused issues with my TV and "no signal" bug with "automatic mode" in earlier PS4 pro firmware versions. PS4 assumed any HDMI 2.0 port as 18Gbits (like it's supposed to be) and would "no signal" cause it defaulted to RGB. not sure how sony fixed it but firmware 4.50 actually disables RGB mode on tvs that don't ACTUALLY support 18Gbits now, even if it's a 2.0 HDMI port. Anyways small side track for a min.

point is though I'd definitely do some digging to see what you can learn about your tv on AVS forums maybe. maybe even find some beta firmware. Some of the tv devs throw betas out at power users on forums there cause they know they'll get a good test out of it.

Message 167 of 195 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Mar 21, 2017
any fix on this? i am having the black out issue on my ks9000 with my playstation 4 pro
Message 168 of 195 (521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2017

Sreenadh wrote:
any fix on this? i am having the black out issue on my ks9000 with my playstation 4 pro

I've had this issue day one back in November when the Ps4Pro launched on my KS9000. I have recently returned it and got a full refund from Samsung. This was the only fix for me. HDMI cables were changed, one connect box and cable changed. Tv had HDMI ports refreshed from Samsung remote management. Nothing worked. More of these complaints need to be posted on the samsung forums so they actually do something to address this problem.  We have all been complaining for months and not a word from a Playstation rep on this "support" forum.  The upgrade to 4k has been nothing but a nightmare, SONY and Samsung are both at fault here.Smiley Mad

Message 169 of 195 (491 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 22, 2017
Guys i found i fix, we need to adress Sony & Samsung, this MUST be easy to fix. But here goes: For HDR games set res. manually to 2160 YUV420 and rest automatic. For non HDR games, switch manually to 2160 RGB and TURN off HDR, leave UDH Colors to automatic to ensure 2160 RGB with UDH Colors. You can change RGB to what you prefer (auto, limited or full) tested this for 2 days with 10 diff games and by turning on and off both TV and PS PRO (which in my case ensured a dropout) please adress Sony and Samsung, i dont think they found a solution yet, this gotta be "easy" to fix. Thought you guys wanted to know, its hard to find someone today that wants to help. Stay strong brothers we are all in this 😃
Message 170 of 195 (439 Views)
0 Likes