Reply
First Son
Registered: 01/13/2017
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2017

How is this still an issue? I bought a PS4 pro 2 months after release and I have this issue. It's so hard not to just take a baseball bat to the **bleep**

 

TV HMI UHD color on

 

xbox one S works fine

 

plug hdmi from Xbox to PS4 pro and black screen. Why is it so hard to fix? Why is it so hard for someone to respond? At least giving acknowledgement about the issue and that it's being worked on (whether it is or not).

Message 91 of 195 (615 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/27/2011
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Jan 13, 2017

I have not had a single flicker in several weeks now. This is after I've removed my PSVR from the equation and when directly connected from ps4 pro to the one connect. I play about a couple hours a day for about maybe 3 days a week.

Message 92 of 195 (604 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/13/2017
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Jan 13, 2017
My setup is PS4 Pro or Xbox one S > denon 4k receiver > Samsung one connect > Samsung 4K tv

Xbox one s works fine. PS4 pro visuals only work in safe mode. I'm reinitializing now, but I'm sure that's not going to help
Message 93 of 195 (599 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/05/2017
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung 4k

Jan 13, 2017

OhNoItsSteveOh wrote:
My setup is PS4 Pro or Xbox one S > denon 4k receiver > Samsung one connect > Samsung 4K tv

Xbox one s works fine. PS4 pro visuals only work in safe mode. I'm reinitializing now, but I'm sure that's not going to help

My setup is similar but with an Onkyo 4k receiver. Everything "works" but the PS4 Pro screen flickering is so bad at times that it is unplayable. It has been suggested that the PS4 be connected directly to the One Connect with an optical audio feed back to the receiver after power cyling the TV. That seems to have solved the issue for some people. I am picking up a digital optical cable at lunchtime today and will give that a try this weekend. I'll post the results after I give it a few days or immediately if the flickering is still there.

Message 94 of 195 (555 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/05/2017
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 14, 2017

Cursed81 wrote:

Can you please try plugging your PS4 directly into the One Connect? Start with a power cycle, then try this. Just curious if it will fix the issue for you like it did for me. It's been 4 days since my last black screen.


Picked up an optical cable Saturday morning and tried this. After about 2 1/2 hours I've had no problems. Too early to say it's fixed but I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post again if the problem recurs but I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

Message 95 of 195 (514 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/04/2016
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 15, 2017

george_tirebyter wrote:

Cursed81 wrote:

Can you please try plugging your PS4 directly into the One Connect? Start with a power cycle, then try this. Just curious if it will fix the issue for you like it did for me. It's been 4 days since my last black screen.


Picked up an optical cable Saturday morning and tried this. After about 2 1/2 hours I've had no problems. Too early to say it's fixed but I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post again if the problem recurs but I'm hoping it won't be necessary.


 

Yeah, well I had a couple black screens last night while playing FFXV. Just turning off HDMI UHD Color (in the Samsung settings) , waiting a minute, then turning it back on, all that while still in-game, fixed the issue for the remaining of the night.

 

So the power cycle is NOT a definitive solution to the issue we are facing... I really hope we'd get some answer from either Sony or Samsung on this issue. People are posting about this on the Samsung forums as well. This is issue occurs it seems also with the Samsung UHD Bluray player...

Message 96 of 195 (495 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/05/2017
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 15, 2017

Cursed81 wrote:

george_tirebyter wrote:

Cursed81 wrote:

Can you please try plugging your PS4 directly into the One Connect? Start with a power cycle, then try this. Just curious if it will fix the issue for you like it did for me. It's been 4 days since my last black screen.


Picked up an optical cable Saturday morning and tried this. After about 2 1/2 hours I've had no problems. Too early to say it's fixed but I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post again if the problem recurs but I'm hoping it won't be necessary.


 

Yeah, well I had a couple black screens last night while playing FFXV. Just turning off HDMI UHD Color (in the Samsung settings) , waiting a minute, then turning it back on, all that while still in-game, fixed the issue for the remaining of the night.

 

So the power cycle is NOT a definitive solution to the issue we are facing... I really hope we'd get some answer from either Sony or Samsung on this issue. People are posting about this on the Samsung forums as well. This is issue occurs it seems also with the Samsung UHD Bluray player...


I'm 6 hours in without a problem. Sorry to hear this isn't a permanent solution but at least its made the games eminently more playable until a real solution is found.

Message 97 of 195 (472 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/27/2011
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017

@Cursed81 Where did you read that this problem also occurs with the Samsung UHD player? Well if this is occurring with another source, then the TV must be the problem? Or mostly be.

Message 98 of 195 (449 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/04/2016
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017

darkhadou10 wrote:

@Cursed81 Where did you read that this problem also occurs with the Samsung UHD player? Well if this is occurring with another source, then the TV must be the problem? Or mostly be.


 

I saw someone mention this here and many on Samsung's official forums.

 

The thing is, I believe the problem is global. People with Sony and LG televisions are also facing black screens. But we can't blame the PS4 alone as it seems to occur with multiple devices. But it does seem to occur mostly when you use an amplifier (and even more so, if you have PS4 VR). The black screens tend to happen less when you plug the PS4 direcftly into the TV (or One Connect box).

 

I truly hope firmware updates will be able to resolve these problems in the near future. I don't remember ever facing any problem when we moved from SD to HD/Full HD. I can't believe people are already showing off 8K tech when 4K is still far from stable...

 

Anyway, I played 2-3 hours of FFXV last night without a single black screen. The issue is completely random, still can't pinpoint what causes it exactly...

Message 99 of 195 (437 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/23/2012
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: PS4 Pro Flashes Black Constantly Samsung LG Sony Vizio 4k FIXED!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017

Cursed81 wrote:

darkhadou10 wrote:

@Cursed81 Where did you read that this problem also occurs with the Samsung UHD player? Well if this is occurring with another source, then the TV must be the problem? Or mostly be.


 

I saw someone mention this here and many on Samsung's official forums.

 

The thing is, I believe the problem is global. People with Sony and LG televisions are also facing black screens. But we can't blame the PS4 alone as it seems to occur with multiple devices. But it does seem to occur mostly when you use an amplifier (and even more so, if you have PS4 VR). The black screens tend to happen less when you plug the PS4 direcftly into the TV (or One Connect box).

 

I truly hope firmware updates will be able to resolve these problems in the near future. I don't remember ever facing any problem when we moved from SD to HD/Full HD. I can't believe people are already showing off 8K tech when 4K is still far from stable...

 

Anyway, I played 2-3 hours of FFXV last night without a single black screen. The issue is completely random, still can't pinpoint what causes it exactly...


I'm in the same boat as you Cursed81, since the Pro launched i have experienced random black screen flickering day one. Pro is connected directly to one connect box along side my Xbox1s. Its been a real frustrating transisition to 4k.. should of stuck with my top end 1080p display and standard ps4.

Message 100 of 195 (433 Views)
Reply
0 Likes