Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: PS4 Internet connection problem after 4.50 update

Mar 20, 2017
Remember that someone mentioned that this problem might be related to the part about the patch where external HDD storage was enabled? I think that it's possible that all this mess is related if not completely at the fault of a huge number of people all deciding to download a crapton of stuff all at once. Think about it; possbly hundreds of thousands of PS4s all downloading an ungodly amount Terabytes of data all at once across the globe all at once, that might explain the network issues. I only came to this conclusion after having the same problem as everyone else here only seeming having no issue for the last day or two. I work nights so I'm up at unusual hours and it occurred to me that I might be playing at non peak hours and there could possibly be fewer people downloading things though the rest mode download functionality complicated this theory. Then again it's also possible that both some screwup with the patch and overzealous downloading happening at the same time is causing all this chaos, probably more so on games without dedicated servers (as according to my friends there have been no issues of this magnitude on them).
Message 191 of 293 (725 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 20, 2017
This is honestly a whole bunch of bs and I DEMAND to be compensated for this update breaking everything.
Message 192 of 293 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 20, 2017
I called Sony again and they are telling me that I have to call ATT-uverse to open up ports bs and its not a playstation issue. Any1 else!???
Message 193 of 293 (618 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Mar 20, 2017
I've had issues on the PlayStation network. Only once has the connection been lost, but it's constantly rubber banding, and the signal dropping to one line. I don't play online often, but have noticed this on PlayStation vue where it keeps buffering. I have to play it on my roku, which is also wireless and gets perfect signal. This only has started since the last update, and it's annoying. I haven even tried any downloading or playing PlayStation now games, because I can only imagine how bad those would be.
Message 194 of 293 (588 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2017
So I guess we just have to wait for another software update? I been having similar problems since the update, to the point where Ive given up playing multiplayer games...
Message 195 of 293 (527 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Mar 21, 2017

After the 4.5 update people have been having this issue (including me) and the cummunity has some solutions. 

The solution that helped me the most

1. You can change the setting on your router from B/G/N to B/G

The solution that helped some people

2. Reset your routers and your Wifi box (not sure about the terminology but i hope you understand what i mean)

The solution that didnt help me but playstation told me to do

3.Reinstalling from the safemode menu 

i would not suggest option 3 because it didnt help me even slightly and it means you also have to redownload every game on your system. 

Overall I think yoiu should attempt to exaust all your option before going to option 3 because it takes the most times and has had no reults with people overall.

Option 1 helped me the most but it did not bring it back to the same quality that it was before. My connection since i tried option 1 has kinda been laggy but not as bad as it was and not as consistent.

Message 196 of 293 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 21, 2017

What's even more frustating is that Sony isn't saying anything at all. WE PAID FOR ONLINE PLAY and they can't even address the issue. How much do we have to pay for you to talk to us Sony?

Message 197 of 293 (447 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 21, 2017
So you guys are going to act like this isn't your problem ???? Lmao you guys are full of **bleep**.
Message 198 of 293 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 21, 2017
The more we exploit this the faster they fix it ? All I know is that I am in a bad place with this, I just bought my PS4 a week ago and it's a paper weight..... My window for returning it is closing fast...
Message 199 of 293 (372 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2017
Still having this **bleep** problem! Everything was working fine until I installed the newest update and now my ps4 won't connect to the Internet. It keeps giving me the "WPA might not be correct" bs when I know **bleep** well it's correct! I've waited days to see if this gets fixed and still nothing! What the hell, Sony!?
Message 200 of 293 (722 Views)