Feb 07 2014
By: GS-HAVOK First Son 3 posts

PS4 CAMERA SHORTAGE

[ Edited ]
1 replies 716 views Edited Feb 7, 2014

I was fortunate enough to buy a PS4 on January 4. Now i have been in search of a PS4 camera ever since. With numerous trips to all the retailers in my area (San Diego)  not giving any answers i now am going to bring this to the attention of the forums.

I will keep this thread live everyday until i find a camera at Retail price not inflated ebay or amazon garbage.

Since i just called sony support and **bleep** Anthony just brushed me off the phone i will bring it here.  

If anyone knows differently of the camera situation please let me know. 

- Havok out

Message 1 of 2 (716 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11016 posts

Re: PS4 CAMERA SHORTAGE

Feb 8, 2014

You are not alone.

Took me about 5 weeks of pestering my local stores until I found one in stock a couple of weeks ago.  I've had my PS4 since launch, but didn't really start searching for the camera until a couple of weeks later.

I think the issue is that Sony underestimated the demand for the camera, as in previous generations, the cameras have not sold particularly well.  Then again, the PS2 nor the PS3 had that constant reminder on the trophy list for 'The Playroom' sitting at 0% trophies if you fire up the game without the camera.  Once you find a camera, it only takes about 30 minutes to get 100% trophies on The Playroom.

Message 2 of 2 (696 Views)
0 Likes