Dec 13 2013
By: Rosley20 First Son 12 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 App and Vita Second Screen Not Working

13 replies 15522 views Edited Dec 13, 2013

Hello!

I have the PS4 App for my LG Optimus G Pro (Android) and the PS4 Link for my Vita and neither will connect to my PS4 for second screen. I can connect the Vita for remote play. My PS4 is hardwired into my router and I have tried both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on both devices to no avail. I am signed in and have the newest updates installed on all devices. Does anyone have a solution? I would really like to use my console to its fullest potential. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14 (15,522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: PS4 App and Vita Second Screen Not Working

Dec 13, 2013

guess no one can help me...

Message 2 of 14 (15,505 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Rosley20 wrote:

Hello!

I have the PS4 App for my LG Optimus G Pro (Android) and the PS4 Link for my Vita and neither will connect to my PS4 for second screen. I can connect the Vita for remote play. My PS4 is hardwired into my router and I have tried both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on both devices to no avail. I am signed in and have the newest updates installed on all devices. Does anyone have a solution? I would really like to use my console to its fullest potential. Thanks in advance!

Do you also have your DS4 controller turned on when trying to do this?  If you do, turn it off and see if that fixes it.

Message 3 of 14 (15,499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Didn't work. I called support and they were of no help. wanted to me shut everything down and reboot. I was skeptical, but tried it. No avail.

Message 4 of 14 (15,495 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Rosley20 wrote:

Didn't work. I called support and they were of no help. wanted to me shut everything down and reboot. I was skeptical, but tried it. No avail.

What game are you trying to use second screen with?

Message 5 of 14 (15,488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5921 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Not all titles support 2nd screen functionality.  For more info, please visit: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5065

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 6 of 14 (15,481 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2013
I've got the same issue: my vita can connect for remote play, but it can't find any ps4 when i try to go on second screen..
Message 7 of 14 (15,392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 28, 2014
I think I may have the solution

I had an issue connecting my iPhone to the ps4 app. I read several forums and everyone seams to have the issue or never had a problem. I had the issue. It took me about 30 minutes to find the resolution to this problem. Ps4 app would not find a ps4 on the network. Reset reinstalled changed settings in router....duh firmware from like 3 years ago. Updated latest firmware for my belkin57 and boom. Everything works like it was supposed to. Hopefully if others have this issue all they needed to do was a firmware update on the router. Good luck!!
Message 8 of 14 (15,290 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Fishler thanks, your post made me rememeber i have 2 routers my cable providers and my belkin. My ps4 is hardwired into cable providers router and my vita was connected to my belkin wirerless. Once i swiched vita to cable provider router wireless second screen connects with no problems.  even after doing some disconnecting and other random acts. 

To be fare, even before ive done this. my vita second screen connected to ps4, but if i switched to remote play or turned off ps4 i would have a problem connecting. so it was like once s.s. conneted and say im done for the day, go into standby with ps4 reboot later for a new game sessison it would still connect. only if turned off completly or disconnect vita anykind of way i would have issues. 

My suggestion is to make sure everything is connected to same router. Some cell phones has its own wirless switch it to and add which everone the vita is connected to, plus the ps4 has its own entrie direct code for cell phones. That means it connect directly to ps4, like remote play would. but do not forget Ps4 should be hardwired or wireless  to same router. 

If you cant or could never connect via second screen but CAN'T remoteplay call playstations it might be ps4 hardware

if you connected second screen and later vita second screen cant find ps4 try resting router. again make SURE they are both on the same router. via cable service provider wireless modem or third party wireless modem. PEOPLE, MODEMS CAN HAVE UPDATES. SO CHECK IT!

THANKS FISHLER

Message 9 of 14 (15,237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 8, 2014

you should be able to connect to ps4 via psvita second screen with out a game. due to the fact you can use second screen to enter chat text.

Message 10 of 14 (15,234 Views)
0 Likes