Jan 04 2014
By: batenswytch Treasure Hunter 5809 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 upgrade to PS4 problems - PS4 does not recognize the PS3 disk

6 replies 214 views Edited Jan 4, 2014

Not to sound salty here, but before anyone replies with, derp... you have to have the PS3 disk in the PS4 for it to work...Yes. I know.

I also know I had to pay 9.99 to upgrade, and used the nifty code that came with my PS3 disk.

I have followed all the instructions - the PS4 still doesn't recognize the BF4 PS3 disk is loaded in it. We've done this with Assassin's Creed/Black Flag and COD Ghosts with no issues.   

Anyone else have this problem? I see a lot of queries out there in Googleland, but no one seems to be offering any solutions to the issue, so I thought I'd ask here.

Message 1 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: PS3 upgrade to PS4 problems - PS4 does not recognize the PS3 disk

Jan 5, 2014

Uno mas....

No one?

Anyone?

Someone?

Message 2 of 7 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2014

I do not know if you are truely ignorant or trying to troll.

Message 3 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 6, 2014
It took me 2 hours to download bf3 to bf4. After it download complete it's said I didn't have internet service. Which in fact I do . I got playstation plus for a year. I have no problems with cod ghosts. They sure take your money on playstation . I called them they said it was a ea problem . Big disappointment sony.
Message 4 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

Not trolling. I genuinely cannot get the PS3 to PS4 upgrade to work. I've been using a PS4 disk in the meantime, but its not mine, and its time to give it back to my brother.  I've followed all the instructions on the voucher, paid 9.99, downloaded the upgrade through the store, and inserted the PS3 disk, per the instructions, and it says No Disk Inserted.

I've not had this problem with ACBF or COD Ghosts.  Both of those games work fine with the 9.99 upgrade from PS3 to PS4 versions. I bought the PS3 versions with the upgrade codes specifically because I have both systems, and use both.  

Anyone able to help?

Message 5 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Thanks for all the help guys.

I think I got it figured out.

For anyone else with this problem:  I used a borrowed PS4 disk first, and was going to upgrade my PS3 disk later.

When I got ready to upgrade the PS3 version, apparently, I needed to delete all the saved data for the previous PS4 disk.  I deleted it last night, went back through the entire process as if BF4 had never been played on the PS4 before, and it recognized a disk was in it, and it allowed me to download the upgrade.

Message 6 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Also, if you get a partial DL as a result, and it won't budge off a certain percentage, take out the disk, clean it. start over.

EA reports that a single smudge, even so much as a partial finger print, will stop the install.

Message 7 of 7 (90 Views)
0 Likes