May 13 2014
By: KAN_Snipe_U_308 First Son 2 posts

No Flash???

5 replies 332 views Edited May 13, 2014

Why would Sony even include a browser without flash. It makes no sense at all you cant watch YouTube, steam movies, or use half of the freaking sites on the Internet. PLEASE FIX AS SOON AS possible  !!!!!!!!!   

Message 1 of 6 (332 Views)
MVP Support
11468 posts

Re: No Flash???

May 13, 2014

KAN_Snipe_U_308 wrote:

Why would Sony even include a browser without flash. It makes no sense at all you cant watch YouTube, steam movies, or use half of the freaking sites on the Internet. PLEASE FIX AS SOON AS possible  !!!!!!!!!   

they can't. adobe is the one who dropped flash support for consoles about 5 years ago. if you want to get on someone, get on adobe for dropping support or get on those site owners to change to HTML faster.

this isn't a sony issue.

Message 2 of 6 (331 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 23, 2014

What a cop out to say this is an Adobe issue.  Its on the Xbox.  I thought I was getting a fully function console. I'm VERY disappointed!  Maybe I should have gone with the Xbox one.  I can't stream videos from my local network and I can't play flash from the browser.  There isn't even a YouTube app for PS4.  I think I made a mistake in buying one.

Message 3 of 6 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Oct 23, 2014

bravomp wrote:

What a cop out to say this is an Adobe issue.  Its on the Xbox.  I thought I was getting a fully function console. I'm VERY disappointed!  Maybe I should have gone with the Xbox one.  I can't stream videos from my local network and I can't play flash from the browser.  There isn't even a YouTube app for PS4.  I think I made a mistake in buying one.

Flash isn't on PS4 nor Xbox One or 360... Know why? Because Adobe discontinued it for mobile platforms.

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html

"We announced last November that we are focusing our work with Flash on PC browsing and mobile apps packaged with Adobe AIR, and will be discontinuing our development of the Flash Player for mobile browsers. "

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/internet-explorer-browser-plugins-dont-work

"As on many mobile devices, Internet Explorer on Xbox doesn’t support browser plug-ins (such as Adobe Flash). Learn how to access the “mobile” version of a website, which may not require a plug-in"

"http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/251358-internet-explorer-xbox-one-cant-play-flash-videos-s...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/youtube-app-coming-ps4-autumn/

"Today, we’re delighted to announce that YouTube is coming to PS4 this Autumn!"

You want to get an Xbox One? Fine. We're not going to stop you. But trying to persuade this community to buy one from known facts that this community has already known and are content with isn't going to get you anywhere but disregarded as a legitimate memebr of the community. Not the best way to join the forums...

Message 4 of 6 (154 Views)
MVP Support
11468 posts

Oct 23, 2014

bravomp wrote:

i think you made the mistake of not researching a dang thing into the expensive purchase you were about to make...

Message 5 of 6 (138 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 1, 2015

Well put Blazeking.  I researched the pros and cons prior to my purchase but I'm not content on the speed in which sony is kicking out updates...updates that will give it the same functions as my ps3.  Saving pictures from browser, saving pictures as background display for example.  Guess im just ready to have one ps instead of two hooked to my tv.  As far as xb1 goes....well...they suck cocks and I hate **bleep** suckers.

Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes