First Son
1 posts

Re: NW-31297-2..Can not connect to wifi after the update

last month

Also here after the update no more wifi and sony repair it !!! And whe pay you ever year 

Message 241 of 303 (1,305 Views)
First Son
3 posts

last month

Well, here we are 11 days later.

Let us recap what Sony has said on the Subject so far.. (Nothing)

At this point I do not believe that these forums are monitored by any Sony Employee.

What do we know about the bug so far? If your internet access is via a Netgear Router/Modem, You most likely cannot connect your PS4 to the internet via Wifi anymore.. apart from several models which are capable of disabling the affected N Band.

There is no reason to believe that Sony is working on a solution, because nobody from Sony has to date even Acknowledged the Problem,

So, what can we Netgear users do?

If like myself you bought a PS4 Pro with a PSVR Helmet (and all the other periphrials) so that you could play Resident Evil 7 and Horizon Zero Dawn within the last 30 days, there is always the extremely tempting full refund option.

For most people the options will be..

Option A: Fork out even more money for a new modem/router that may, or may not, work with the PS4 post update 4.5

Option B: Rearrange the house so that your PS4 can connect to the internet directly via an Ethernet Cable

Option C: Move out of your apartment if your landlord owns an affected modem/router and your only option is wifi.

Option D: Don't use your PS4 on the internet anymore and cancel your Playstation+ Subscription

I thank God that i didn't have enough money left over from my Ps4 purchase at the start of the month to buy a Playstation+ Membership as you poor saps are getting royaly screwwed by Sony at this point.

Message 242 of 303 (1,293 Views)
First Son
8 posts

last month

@Renegade-LRSCAgreed.  Let's see if they can at least get an "official comment" from sony

Message 243 of 303 (1,261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

This is definitely not a real solution because we shouldn't have to shell out money for something Sony broke, but I bought a Netgear wifi extender that has an ethernet port on it for 30 bucks, plugged it in by the playstation and then connected the playstation to that via an ethernet cord.  It was at least a relatively cheap quick fix since nothing else was working.  Oh, but the rage I felt for Sony when I was buying it...

Message 244 of 303 (1,144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

last month

@rigby7782

rigby7782 wrote:

This is definitely not a real solution because we shouldn't have to shell out money for something Sony broke, but I bought a Netgear wifi extender that has an ethernet port on it for 30 bucks, plugged it in by the playstation and then connected the playstation to that via an ethernet cord.  It was at least a relatively cheap quick fix since nothing else was working.  Oh, but the rage I felt for Sony when I was buying it...

My ISP replaced my router this morning and it fixed eveything. I had an older Pace 4111N and they replaced it with a Netgear at no cost. 

Message 245 of 303 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

last month

If you have AT&T you must call them with your account number and security Question.  there is a problem with the update & they need to go in and change settings in your router. i lost connection in march after last update, called ISP for me (AT&T) and they have to go in and change settings. hope i helped sum1 

Message 246 of 303 (1,054 Views)
First Son
8 posts

last month
Message 247 of 303 (915 Views)
First Son
2 posts

last month

None of the DSN numbers that were provided helped any, IP adresses didnt work, nothing worked! I tried everything, resetting to factory settings didnt work either nor initilization. I've never been more annoyed with a console in my life lol.

So yeah,  I called my provider (ATT) and there was nothing  really they could do with this problem for me because all my other devices are working properly except the PS4 of course. They just told me to get a LAN cable and connect my modem to the ps4 and basically wait it out til Sony decides to hurry it up and fix this annoying stressful glitchy update  and send out a new update for everyone.

The ethernet cable works fine, I just hope I get to use my wifi again soon,  I hate cables lol.  Smiley LOL

Message 248 of 303 (868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

last month
According to Polygon...Sony has now acknowledged the issue. This thread is even referenced in the attached article. Fingers crossed...

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/22/15022232/ps4-wi-fi-broken-firmware-4-50
Message 249 of 303 (762 Views)
First Son
6 posts

last month

Fear not, child, Polygon has published this problem, and as you can predict what media can do. This article says it all http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/22/15022232/ps4-wi-fi-broken-firmware-4-50, the problem's been acknowledged by Sony (finally) and fingers crossed Sony will fix this soon.

Message 250 of 303 (757 Views)