Nov 08 2012
By: eric13_f First Son 9 posts

My PS3 wont connect to my wifi, i need help!! and quick before BO2 comes out!!

14 replies 7028 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

i recently just got my ps3 back from my dad, he took it for a couple weeks cause i got in some troble , before he took it , it would connect with no problem and i was playing all the time, now i got it back and it wont connect at all, and it needs the latest update, but i cant update it because i cant get a connection at all, if anyone could help me out i would apprieciate it sooo very much, oh and P.S.  BO2 comes out on my birthday and if i cant play it only when i get it on my birthday i will probably legit cry

Message 1 of 15 (7,028 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Re: My PS3 wont connect to my wifi, i need help!! and quick before BO2 comes out!!

Nov 8, 2012

Not sure how you fix the problem. Maybe the wireless card got damaged or something? But seriously, can't play Black Ops 2 without the internet? Yes you can, it's not like the game requires you to have an internet connection to play it. Do you even play the Single-Player?

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 15 (7,023 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Re: My PS3 wont connect to my wifi, i need help!! and quick before BO2 comes out!!

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

¤ You can update the PS3 by downloading the update from your PC.  Directions and download link can be found here:

PS3 update using PC

As far as the wifi problem your experiencing.  Are you able to see your wifi connection at all?  Did your wifi network change at all? Network key get changed?  You can always try wiping out your connections completely and start over fresh.

See if any of this helps your issues.  Let me know what it says when trying to connect.  You can always run the connection test on the PS3 and see what works and doesn't work and what error codes that may pop up.

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 3 of 15 (7,010 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 9, 2012

i know i dont really need the internet to play it, but i really want to play online with all my firends, i do play the campaing, but i always go to online first, and everything else in my house, my phone, my psp, dads laptop, etc. can get on my wifi but my ps3 wont, if you do have any solutions for me i would be forever grateful

Message 4 of 15 (6,995 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

eric13_f wrote:

i know i dont really need the internet to play it, but i really want to play online with all my firends, i do play the campaing, but i always go to online first, and everything else in my house, my phone, my psp, dads laptop, etc. can get on my wifi but my ps3 wont, if you do have any solutions for me i would be forever grateful

Did you read the post above you? It has a possible solution for you.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/My-PS3-wont-connect-to-my-wifi-i-need-hel...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 15 (6,987 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 9, 2012

yes man i tried it, nothing had changed to do with my internet but it just wont connect anymore

Message 6 of 15 (6,979 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

eric13_f wrote:

yes man i tried it, nothing had changed to do with my internet but it just wont connect anymore

So, after updating your PS3 to the latest firmware, you are still not able to connect to the PSN?

|If you have not updated your PS3 to the latest firmware then you didn't try the previous post.

|If you updated the PS3 firmware to the latest version and you still not able to connect to the PSN then:

-When trying to sign into the PSN, do you get any error codes/messages? Post them here.

-Can you surf the internet with the PS3 browser? For example, open the PS3 we-browser and go to www.duckduckgo.com or www.google.com

Message 7 of 15 (6,977 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 10, 2012

i got it updated, and i got online for about 5 minutes with really low download and upload speeds, then i got kicked off again and i cant connect..... again

Message 8 of 15 (6,955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 10, 2012

now  i get a "DNS error, error code 80710102

Message 9 of 15 (6,944 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

eric13_f wrote:

now  i get a "DNS error, error code 80710102

Under your PS3 network settings change the DNS IPs to the following

This will solve your DNS issues.

Message 10 of 15 (6,944 Views)
0 Likes