Nov 25 2013
By: RavenWJF Splicer 30 posts
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to appear offline on the PS4?

[ Edited ]
160 replies 520987 views Edited Apr 7, 2016

Does anyone know if there is a way to appear offline on the PS4?  I know there is on the PS3 by editing your comments.  And no I am not trying to hide from anyone (most of the time), but when I let my brother in laws play my PS4 I want to showt offline, otherwise I constantly get...Hey so and so just sent you an invitation or a message.  I would just like to be able to alleviate that hassle lol.  I know I could create another account/profile for them, but it would just be easier if I could show offline.  Not to mention sometimes I just don't want to be bothered by people =) !!!!!

PlayStation Support Edit:

The appear offline feature is now live for PS4 Smiley Happy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/05/playstation-3-50-system-software-update-out-tomorrow/

Appear Offline

PS4 System Software 3.50 - Appear Offline

On your Profile tab, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you’re online. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile, or by holding down the PS Button on DualShock 4 to bring up the Quick Menu.

Mod Edit: edit title for clarity and added label. Click here for more information on labelsand here for information on our Rules of Conduct and Forum Guidelines

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

moved to PS4 Support, removed label -FluffyKitty_0256

Message 1 of 161 (520,987 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Re: PS4 Is there a way to appear offline?

Nov 25, 2013
I've not found a way to do this.....but you could....

clear your network settings before they play so you simply don't connect ?

or just remove the ethernet cable if you use one and don't use wireless ?

tell your bro-in-law to bring his own ps4?, they're small enough anyways. Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 161 (520,866 Views)
Splicer
1 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Im going to second or third this comment......the fact that Sony has not put this feature in is a shame.  Really, how hard is it ? I dont mean to come of as completely negative but this request has been seen since the PSN was created. And NO im not creating a different account for privacy......i lose all my achievements.....so what is the point???? COME ON SONY!!!!! its one button.......Appear offline!!!! lets get this done.....just one thing.......you CAN do it!!!!!

Message 3 of 161 (517,860 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Never understood the need myself.

It is not a big deal to ignore invites.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 4 of 161 (517,838 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Ignore the invites... Or make a new user account for guests.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 161 (517,746 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jan 5, 2014

asetwasent wrote:

Im going to second or third this comment......the fact that Sony has not put this feature in is a shame.  Really, how hard is it ? I dont mean to come of as completely negative but this request has been seen since the PSN was created. And NO im not creating a different account for privacy......i lose all my achievements.....so what is the point???? COME ON SONY!!!!! its one button.......Appear offline!!!! lets get this done.....just one thing.......you CAN do it!!!!!

Um just sign out of the PSN?!

Message 6 of 161 (517,740 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 28, 2014
There is a way
1, don't sign in
2, block all friends in friends list
3,sign in
you will not show up on your friends ; friends list.
4, when you wish to be seen again just unblock them.
simple!
Message 7 of 161 (514,003 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 28, 2014
There is no way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 161 (513,985 Views)
Monster Hunter
3 posts

Feb 8, 2014

it needs to be done....I don't like being ignorant to good friends when they see I'm on but I don't feel like talking or playing with them

Message 9 of 161 (512,127 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Doc_007 wrote:

Never understood the need myself.

It is not a big deal to ignore invites.

Simply,  appearing offline to play multiplayer in free for all modes without being disturbed by invites.

Long, Live, Play ~PlayStation
Message 10 of 161 (512,108 Views)