- Yes I still have this problem since updating the PS4 several hours ago.
- Automatic (band in use 2.4 GHz)
- WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Not certain - bought new in December if that helps.... 500 GB storage...
Same issues with me. Everything was great prior to the latest PS4 update, and now nothing but lag and disconnects. I noticed the upstream numbers on the PS4 test were insanely lower than before. After I was deeply annoyed about the issue, I did move my PS4 to the top of the entertainment center, got a better signal, and yet the same lag as before.
1000 series (First Run)
AT&T Arris NVG589 modem/router combo (Same settings and firmware since I don't know when) - Speedtest settings still similar to previous runs
Manual IP setttings on PS4 with a DMZ on router settings (Still default MTU although I went manual to see if it helped)
NAT2 (as always)
I am going to hook up a higher speed router behind the main one to see if that helps. I'll edit the results later
I hooked up a Buffalo AC1750 behind the modem/router combo and I got great results. Upload speed went from an average of 125Kbps to 1.2Mbps. The latter speed was my normal speed prior to the update on the old setup. This router has always been setup for my NAS/Home Entertainment purposes and settings were setup for that and not priority for the PS4/gaming
The lag was not there and all seemed to work great. I know not everyone has an extra router laying around, but this worked for me.
Had the same issue after the update. After restoring default settings and trying to conncet to the internet again I have pressed SHARE button by mistake, and it asked me to log in to my account and after that my wifi connections magically was restored.
Hope this helps
2) 2.4 GHz
3) I believe WAP2?
5) Cisco DPC3010
Side note: I learned that every time I restart my router I have to wait a little bit and I get my connection back. I get to keep it as long as don't go to any of my network settings and as long as I don't turn off my playstation. Other than that I receive nothing but the password errors and no connection. I understand this may not work or it may work for some but I just want to get my experience out and help
1. Yes, since the 4.50 update. Was working before update.
2. 2.4 GHz
4. Model 1200
5. ATT 4111N Pace
i have Have tried the following not in any order: tried safe mode and resetting default settings, restarted PS4, unplugged for 5-10 minutes, tried multiple times to enter wep key, tried hooking up wired internet connects but unable to play online due to slower internet and error codes through game, tried manual input for wifi, called isp everything seems normal, restart router for temporary fix for about 10 minutes.
1. Yes I'm still having the problem. Since the update came out I've been unable to sign in to PSN OR download the update. Everything was fine before yesterday.
2. 2.4 GHz
3. WPA-PSK (AES)
5. Belkin AC 750 Dual-Band Model F9K1116V1
1) Problem was lag spikes in online games. Not happening any more. I changed the 802.11 settings from 217Mbps to 54Mbps. Lag stopped happening. I tried reverting to 217Mbps again to see what would happen and the lag returned.
2) Connecting to 2.4GHz
4) Model 1000
5) Netgear Router