I just got off the phone with my internet provider (ACN), everything he suggested didnt work, however once I mentioned that the wifi connectivity problem was with my PS4, he did tell me that, there company was experiencing issues with connecting to a PS4 console through wifi, and that they werent the only company to have this issue. He also stated that there engineers had been working on a solution for well over a week now, and that they were just waiting on confirmation from there team of engineers to roll out a modem/router firmware update to fix the issue. Hopefully this is soon and real, like many of you guys, I want to get back to gaming!
/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info//WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog
Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
After the 4.5 update people have been having this issue (including me) and the cummunity has some solutions.
The solution that helped me the most
1. You can change the setting on your router from B/G/N to B/G
The solution that helped some people
2. Reset your routers and your Wifi box (not sure about the terminology but i hope you understand what i mean)
The solution that didnt help me but playstation told me to do
3.Reinstalling from the safemode menu
i would not suggest option 3 because it didnt help me even slightly and it means you also have to redownload every game on your system.
Overall I think yoiu should attempt to exaust all your option before going to option 3 because it takes the most times and has had no reults with people overall.
Option 1 helped me the most but it did not bring it back to the same quality that it was before. My connection since i tried option 1 has kinda been laggy but not as bad as it was and not as consistent.
I am still having issues and my connection isnt back up to the standard it use to be at but i hope this helps.
- Are you still having this problem? If not, what did you do to fix it? - Yes, still getting noticeable lag spikes and rubber-banding when playing online
- What wireless band are you trying to connect to? (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) 2.4GHz
- What wireless security protocol does your WLAN use? (WEP, WAP, WAP2, etc.) WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode)
- What model PS4 are you using? (1000 / 1100 / 1200 / 2000 (Slim) / 7000 (Pro) series) 1200 series? (CUH1216A)
- What brand and model wireless router are you using? Sagemcom F@ST2504n
2. Was 2.4 GHz but using 5 GHz now. Still noticing lag spikes.
3. I don't remember.
4. I'm using Netgear but forgot the brand name.
Hope this helpe
my ps4 has become unplayable, every since the 4.5 patch which was about 2 weeks ago, my ps4 has been lagging only when im in game, everything else that requires the internet is perfectly fine and iv tested internet connection, reset router etc. and and none of that is the problem, iv contacted psn support several times but they were no help at all. at this point im giving up on using my ps4 which i might as well do since i cant play any games due to the server lag after the 4.5 patch
1. yes im still having this problem and its to the point were my ps4 is unplayable
3. wep (i think)
5. fibre op