First Son
4 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Feb 4, 2014
I called amazon and they sent me a replacement console a few weeks ago so far so good. But I have heard it happen on the replacements. I don't think they will acknowledge if it's fixed either. Hopefully it's software and they quietly fix it in 1.6. We will find out soon enough.
Message 861 of 1,676 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 4, 2014

I get the problem on my PS4 after playing Battlefield 4 all the time.  I remove the disk and hear the same thing as described here, the eject mechanism spinning, then turning it off and hearing continuous two beeps.  Oddly, it doesn't stop beeping after unplugging it.  I have to remove the HDMI and ethernet cable to make it stop.  

I may be wrong, but there seems to be a bug in Battfiled 4 that is causing this.  Either that or a player in a game has a hack running that kicks it off.  I never have trouble with need for speed, which is a real PS4 disk.  The BF4 is a PS3 game cross platform deal.

Doc

Message 862 of 1,676 (2,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2014
1.6 did not fix the problem. In fact, it might have made it worse for me. I could usually get it to work for a day by unplugging or rebuilding the database. Since the update I haven't been able to do any temporary fixes. Could be coincidence because some days it's more of a jerk than others but either way, not fixed. I've had this problem for a month and I'm convinced calling Sony for a new one is the only option. It would be nice just to know what the problem actually IS (hardware? software?) and if Sony is even really looking for a fix (or is this an issue for such a small number that it's not very high on their list).
Message 863 of 1,676 (2,322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I too had this problem and I didn't own any discs. I was plating AC4 digital and the console would try to eject and beep 3x or just try to eject silently. Rebuilding db or doing updates via safe mode didn't help but removing the feet worked.

For 3 weeks. Then I installed 1.60 and boom it came back. But this time I was playing Lego Marvel and the disc popped out. This is with rubber feet off and vertical and having rebuilt db 2x and updated firmware to 1.52 via safe mode (despite it being already 1.52). Just applying 1.60 brought the issue back.

It is beginning to seem like a firmware issue and could be something to do with heat.

Whatever it is it is very annoying.
Message 864 of 1,676 (2,276 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 5, 2014

What makes me really sad about this, is the fact that Sony didn't say a word about this bug and about all of the bizarre bugs that is happening with PS4. Searching on the internet about what people want on the next firmware update, I found everything, except the correction of this annoying bug! This bug is bizarre! How could people claim for headphone compatibility, folders, more apps, etc. instead of having this and other bugs corrected?! I just can't understand... How could these cosmetic things could be a priority instead of the PS4 stability?!

Anyway, I did the update do 1.6 and so far so good.

This is a topic about the bug of the ejection of discs. I have another problem that was not resolved by this firmware update. I just can't save my progress on FIFA 14 and everytime I try to save, I recieve the CE-34878-0 message. But this is for another topic. 

The problem of ejecting disc didn't happen so far. I played FIFA 14 for an hour and everything (except the saving problem) was ok. Let's see if the problem will not happen anymore.

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I speak Portuguese.

Message 865 of 1,676 (2,231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I agree, how people can be happy with new headphones instead of system stability, i though before that this issue dont happens with my ps4, i have my ps4 from 29 november, and 2 weeks ago this disk eject problem happens with me as well. All what i do was unplug ps4 rebuild data base, and take off rubber under sensor eject button, then i put my ps4 on top of 4 bottle cork on each ps4 corner. Till now past 2 weeks i have no problems with auto eject, but will see what happens later, i hope this is software issue, if update not helps me, and this thing happens again, i will send ps4 back by warranty
Message 866 of 1,676 (2,200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 5, 2014

image.jpg

Message 867 of 1,676 (2,178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I wish I could return my set but where I live I don't have liberal return policies and it is sold out nation-wide. If I submit my console for servicing it would be out of action for 3 weeks. My best bet now is to endure with this until mid year and hope for stocks to improve.

Since I have my set vertical I now don't think it is an issue of heat triggering the eject button plus the eject button should not prevent discs from being inserted.

I believe it is some internal thermostat problem causing the disc to be ejected for safety reasons like prevent damage to the disc due to high internal heat. I don't know the safe temp ranges for BD discs but it could also not be actual temp but rather rate of temp increase?

On the PC side of things motherboards have similar features which force a hard shutdown if temps go too high eg 70C/160F.
Message 868 of 1,676 (2,496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2014
This is also happening to me, updated to 1.60 thinking hopefully that the fix is patched into the update and couldn't possibly only be those 2 small updates for some headsets and DVD playback. But of course, problem still exists. I have found a solution to making the issue stop ejecting constantly and to allow you to get a disc into the system. First, unplug the system, then using the palms of your hands, pop up/slide the glossy part on the top of the ps4 to reveal the HDD area. Take your disc and insert it in the disc tray as far as you can push it in. Use a flash light and you should be able to see a plastic Philips head screw on the edge of the system about 2 inch above where the disc tray is in one of the open slats a long the edge. This normally is the manual eject screw in case you couldn't get the disc out but instead of turning the screw to push the disc out, do it the opposite way to push the disc into the system, turn the screw until you feel it not turn anymore but be very careful not to tighten the screw at all when you feel it stop turning. Plug your power for system back up and the disc should be then able to be played. Repeat doing this whenever the issue comes back, I'll be the first to tell you that to expect it to happen again, it's not a permanent fix. Sony has seriously lost my belief they were the better of the pick when it came to gaming systems. From the required to pay to get online to there policy's involving how they will handle and resolve your issues regarding there services or products to not being prepared for demand on the accessories like the camera for the ps4, almost as if they launched the ps4 just to get it out before the holidays to ale that extra buck, knowing that it still had issues with it and no where near enough for the demand, etc. All of it has really **bleep** me off, SONY you suck!!
Message 869 of 1,676 (2,461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Well this sucks 1.60 didnt work.

Why can they at lest tell in this forum what they are doing? Cant be that hard.

To the very least man up sony and tell me you cant fix it.

Message 870 of 1,676 (2,447 Views)
0 Likes