First Son
3 posts

Re: PS4 Disk Ejecting for no Reason

Jun 17, 2014

I just sent mine for service for this very reason. The turn around was about 5 hours though so i'm really hoping it was actually fixed, and not just that they turned it on and it didn't do the repeated eject for them after a few min. It would happen anywhere from multiple times a day to once every couple weeks. It happened whether it was on or off and was the weirdest thing. There was no rhyme or reason to it.

Message 1261 of 1,676 (1,530 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Jun 17, 2014
I would send it to sony to be serviced... It may fix itself, but who wants to deal with the same issue when it arises a year from now, when you have no warranty
Message 1262 of 1,676 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Jun 18, 2014

Hello, 

I have an empty tray that makes a spinning noise and also a series of multiple beeps like ejecting a disc. I called Sony and they will look at my PS4 in service. I'll fire up the PS3 in the mean time.

Message 1263 of 1,676 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Jun 18, 2014

Did you try opening up the console plastic where the manual disc eject screw is and jsut slightly adjust it a 1/4 turn in each direction?

Some people had issues like yours but after making a small adjustment to that screw it stopped the random ejects. They set that screw at the factory so it's possible the screw might be in a position that makes the disc drive think you want to eject a disc but since the drive still functions properly, it forces the disc out at random.

If nothing else, it'll take 5 minutes and if it works it'll save you the hassle of sending it in.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/~/ps4%3A-manually-eject-a-stuck-disc

I know that's for removing a stuck disc, but again, just try adjusting the screw a small amount and see if it helps any.

Podcast: @TheDGCast
Twitter: @SoAfterISaid
Message 1264 of 1,676 (1,513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 20, 2014

Yeah I did the screw thing and it stopped the eject thing for a few days, but it then started doing it again.

Message 1265 of 1,676 (1,355 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 ejecting disc on its own

Jun 20, 2014
I'm having the same problem, what do you suggest? Regards
Message 1266 of 1,676 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 20, 2014
I had the same issue, i called customer support they told me to turn off console. Then hold the power button until it beeps using a micro usb cord and controller go to option 5 and rebuild the database it fixed it for me good luck.
Message 1267 of 1,676 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2014

All right, guys.

As many of you know, I am brazilian and I bought my PS4 in the USA. And after, when I came back to Brazil, my PS4 started with the disc problem, ejecting the disc, even if there is no disc inside. So, I tried the warranty here in Brazil with Sony, that refused to give me warranty, so I dicided to fix the problem on my own. 

Some won't approve what I did, but it definitely FIXED the problem. I don't recommend this if you have warranty. If you have, contact Sony. If you don't, do what I did.

the problem is a metalic piece right under the eject button. The electrical contact between this metalic piece and the metalic peace that is linked with the eject button was dirty. What I did is to clean that contact. You can see more of the solution I used in this video in the end of my post. The video is in Portuguese but won't be a problem for you guys to understand, since you can see what you'll have to do to clean the metalic contact. I scratched the metalic piece with a knife and used a spray to clean contacts. Use the spray in a cotton swab, and use the cotton swab to clean the piece. If you are experiencing problems with suddenly power ups or downs, you can do the same with the power button. I did what is shown on the video and my PS4 is working perfectly fine since then. The PS4 is working perfectly since 1st July! It stays off, stays in stand by and everything is working great. No random eject, no random power ups and no random power downs.  

NOTE: Doing what  is shown on the video down here will VOID WARRANTY. If you have warranty, contact Sony. I don't have, so I did at my own risk. Or I did this or I would be with a useless PS4. 

The video below show us how to solve the problem with the eject button. He will first explain taht he did all things people suggested here, and believe me, none of them worked. I tried all here in my PS4 and NONE of them worked. First of all, you'll need this tool to open your PS4: https://www.google.com.br/search?q=torx+tool+t9&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qsGkU93eEPDhsASP...

It is called Torx T9 Screwdriver. T9 is the size of the screw. You'll ONLY need a T9. Using the wrong size, can destroy the screws behind your PS4 System. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vppmVpwWaco Go to 4:52 if you want to skip all the history that he tells. Do what the video says and you are done! open the system very carefully, very slow and everything will be just fine. 

If you are having the problems with random power ups and downs, all you have to do is to unscrew  the screws behind your system, open the glossy part of the system (that one you open to replace the hard disck), unscrew the screws that hold the other part of the system. Once you did that, you can clean the metalic piece of the power button. For more information, you can go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol1KXeHNef8 and pause the video in 1:57. You'll see two screws. this holds the other part of the system, so you can open and clean the metallic piece of the power button. 

Go to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyz0rdMpqOM in 9:12 and it shows how to open the upper part of the system. There's NO NEED to open the lower part to reach the upper part. 

Well... I hope I've helped you guys in some way. My system is working perfectly. I hope you'll all can fix yours, by using the warranty or fixing it by your own. If you have any doubts, contact me here. I'll recieve an email everytime somene posts here.

Thanks!

PS.: Sorry for my bad english. At least, I tried! Smiley Wink

Message 1268 of 1,676 (1,455 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2014

I've been having the same issue, when my unit is in standby mode the disc automatically ejects.  I contacted Sony, online chat agent, which took about 30 minutes of waiting!! They had me start my unit in safe mode and initialize it, which completely wiped my unit.  For those of you who try this, make sure all of your data is saved online so you can download it once initialization is complete.  According to the thread this has solved the problem for some, but unfortunately not for all including myself.  I contacted Sony a second time and I am in the process of mailing out my 5 month old PS4 to a service center for repairs.  Hopefully this time they'll be able to figure this out!  To avoid voiding your warantee I would recommend contacting Sony and following their instructions. 

If anyone from Sony is reading, this is a frustrating experience!  30 minute waits, 86th on the queue to speak to an agent.  I would at the very least hoped Sony figured this out to a point where it wouldn't have taken me 2 attempts to come to a "potential" resolution.  The first agent should have known what the permanent fix was.For those that initialized their system, it work for now and hopefully continues to work.  The reality is that this problem took 5 months for it to show up, hopefully it doesn't show up again after the warranty has expired!  

Message 1269 of 1,676 (1,410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 won't let me insert a disc

Jun 22, 2014
Hey after you did that it worked fine even if you set it on standby mode? Or you recommend to always set it to turn off ?
Message 1270 of 1,676 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes