First Son
2 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Mar 19, 2014

Can you put the rubber leg back on after removing it?

Message 1081 of 1,676 (1,728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 19, 2014
Who want solve this problem read my topics. I have no problem aroi d 1.5mounth after I remove this rubber feet. Even my ps4 stays long time in standbuy mode. Just read my topics I font want to write it all again. If I help you please let me know how yours ps4 feels after my fixing idea. Txs
Message 1082 of 1,676 (1,955 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

My post is on page nr97

Message 1083 of 1,676 (1,953 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Done it exactly this way (put it on higher ground with four small objects), even pulled out the rubber thingy below the eject button. Got it the 29th of November. Problems began about a week or two from that, this did not help me at all, I will return mine and get it changed to a new one. 

Message 1084 of 1,676 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 19, 2014

xFrozenInHellx wrote:

Hey guys. I had the same problem, the reason this is believed to happen is because of the rubber piece located directly under the eject button. That rubber piece pushing up against the "HEAT" sensitive (NOT) "TOUCH" sensitive eject button causes it to continuously eject the game or make the most annoying 3 beeps ever!!!

The eject button is capacitive. I don't know where you read that it's heat sensitive. It reacts to the change in capacitance caused by touching it with your finger. That's how capactive touch screens work on smart phones. The sensitivity of the capacitance sensor can be affected by ambient temperature and humidity. Maybe there is a manufacturing variance in the components used in the touch sensitive circuitry which makes some PS4s react to a smaller change in capacitance so that it's more sensitive to temperature and humidity.

It's possible that Sony could tweak this sensitivity with a firmware update, but there's always the danger that by rendering the sensitivity lower for everyone, it could negatively affect the consoles that are working fine. I think that capacitive sensors continually monitor and adjust themselves to try to avoid false positives. Maybe when you restore a malfunctioning PS4 to default, it resets the capacitive sensitivity allowing it to work OK for awhile until it slowly gets out of whack again.

These are just my theories, and I could be totally wrong about the cause of the problem. Sony engineers would probably know why some PS4s are having this problem. It doesn't seem that a significant percentage of PS4s are having this problem; otherwise, the tech press would be making a big deal of it. My PS4 so far hasn't had the problem. But if it did, I'd probaby exchange it for another console until I got one that worked properly.

Message 1085 of 1,676 (1,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Keeps ejecting disc and making noises

Mar 19, 2014

I had the same problem yesterday. Reading in some forums, it looks like the eject "button" is somehow thinking it is being pressed. This, because more than a button it's like a hypersensitive button, so even with heat it might think it's being pressed. For what i read, it looks like the rubber in the botton of the PS4 that its close to the eject button can be the problem. So i pulled it off with carefull (it's nothing more than a rubber support, so the PS4 is not directly in contact with the surface) and then lifted the PS4 a little. Once i turned it on, everything was ok (so far)

The other solution is to put the PS4 verticaly, that way there is nothing that can be pressing the eject button.

I choose to pull off the rubber support from the bottom and so far has been working OK. You can also put your PS4 verticaly. Or you can return it for a new one.

Good luck!

Message 1086 of 1,676 (5,198 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 19, 2014

I hope the board admin reads this message and post this as one of the solutions in fixing this disc eject issue.

I have read all the workarounds on fixing the auto eject. >

> cleaned the button for smudges

> updated via safe mode to 1.62

> rebuild data in safe mode

and the steps above don't fix the problem.

I heard about ths rubber feet and I thought that it's nothing but its the main reason why it auto ejects.

1.) The main cause of this problem is with the horizontal orientation. Check the surface where the ps4 rests. Is it stable? Does it move with a slight touch ? In my case it's like a wooden cube made of plywood. I know it's not the best material , a good solid wood would be much better so the ps4 won't move during operation.

2.) Unplug your ps4 or just look at the bottom or  rubber in the middle. This is the main reason why it auto ejects. Combine it with the issue above that's why mine always auto ejects. Btw an electric fan is near my ps4 so yeah it will move a bit. So you can place some rubber, or use a vertical stand or let it stand vertically. I solved this issue by adding a 1/3 thick paper on 4 ends. Solved the issue.

Message 1087 of 1,676 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS4 Keeps ejecting disc and making noises

Mar 19, 2014

Guys just let it stand vertically. This is not a software issue just a hardware design issue. If you had read my post in the sticky topic above.

> let your ps4 stand vertically or buy a vertical stand

> put a 1/3 thick paper or anything thick to elevate the ps4, i use 4 x 1/3 paper  << The rubber below the ps4 causes the eject issue not the heat sensitive thing. So elevating the ps4 solves the problem.

Message 1088 of 1,676 (5,195 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Mar 19, 2014
I'm not sure how the buttons work but my eject button will beep if I just get my finger close to it. I don't have to even touch the button.

I'm not sure if that's how the button is supposed to work or not. When I think of capacitive touch I think of iphone screens that have to be actually touched.

I sent playstation in to sony after two days of beeping and one day of ejecting my disc and not taking a disc and was sent a new system and no issues yet but the eject still ejects when my finger gets close to the button (not touching)
Message 1089 of 1,676 (1,867 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Hi  . check my post above if it helps letting it vertical or stabilizing the surface where your ps4 rests

Message 1090 of 1,676 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes