First Son
6 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Apr 9, 2014
2 fingers magic to try. ( Temp. Fix)
1. Unplug PS4 power cord
2. Wait for 3 min.
3. Turn your PS4 upside down (the power and eject buttons are in front of you)
4. Put your right index finger on the middle of the rubber foot( the one close to eject button)
5. Put your right middle finger next to your index finger
6. Push hard on the middle finger and hold it like that
7. Plug in the power cord to PS4 (still push)
8. Turn on PS4
9. Wait until the light turn white (You see the picture on TV)
10. Turn back your PS4 and enjoy.

Hope this can help all of you. This issue need to sent to sony for repair.
Sorry for my English.
Message 1141 of 1,674 (2,014 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Thank you.

What was your issue? Because, my PS4 is not ejecting the discs.. directly I can't insert them. 

When I turn it ON, it makes noise like when insert the disc. but after that I can't do anything

Thanks

Message 1142 of 1,674 (2,013 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 9, 2014
Can you do manual eject disc? Need more detail about your issue.
Message 1143 of 1,674 (2,005 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 9, 2014

I will explain my whole situation. When I bought PS4, I bought Assasins Creed 4. Then since the first day I used the blue ray drive once, because it was the only physical game I had.

Couple days ago, I bought Tomb Raider, I ejected the AS4 disc without issues, and when I want to insert the TR disc, the console is doing nothing, it doesn't accept disc.

Something I detected, when I turn it on, before the light blue goes white, it makes a noise like when you insert a disc. If I put a disc in that moment, the disc is not being recognized in the home screen.

Also, when I moved the console I hear a piece moving inside. 

The weird situation is I didn't move the console since I  bought it from my desk.

I tried:

- the manual eject without disk like the support told me - NOTHING

- Reinstall OS - NOTHING

- Rebuild DB - NOTHING

- Use it in vertical - NOTHING

Let me know if you any more details

Message 1144 of 1,674 (2,002 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014
Also, when I moved the console I hear a piece moving inside.

if you can hear something moving inside without power on the unit, that mean you have the BD mechanical problem. You have to sent it for repair.

Sorry i can,t help you
Message 1145 of 1,674 (1,994 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Thanks for replying me. Did you replace the console? or how did you handle the situation?

Thanks again

Message 1146 of 1,674 (1,990 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014
I don't have any PS4.
Your welcome
Message 1147 of 1,674 (1,984 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 10, 2014

This actually happened to me lastnight, 4/10/14 I was booting up my PS4 to play some Strider(great game by the way) Anyway, whilest I was playing I can here the blu-ray drive spinning?? and ejecting?? Strider is downloadable only so there was no disk inside the PS4. So I started to investigate... by the way the prior night before I had played a blu-ray movie and that was it, ejected it and turned off the PS4, went to bed. The later though (when I was playing Strider) I turned off the PS4 completely and forcefully inserted a movie/game all the way into the PS4 blu-drive while it was off, I then booted the PS4 and the PS4 accepted the disk no problem. I ejected the disk manually and option wise via controller and the PS4 had somehow fixed itself as it was no longer making blu-ray drive noises and accepting disk's. I was elated, but I just hope it does not happen again. As good measure I reseted the blu-ray drive by holding the eject button and everything was a okay. After troubleshooting the problem I am puzzled as to why this happens. This also happened to one of my friends but he sent his back under warranty and got it fixed. I'm assuming(I'm no engenier) but I think the PS4 buttons are sensitive to ESD electro static discharge and can go haywire just my theory.

P.S PS4 model #1001A B01

Message 1148 of 1,674 (1,890 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Apr 11, 2014

campos3452 wrote:

This actually happened to me lastnight, 4/10/14 I was booting up my PS4 to play some Strider(great game by the way) Anyway, whilest I was playing I can here the blu-ray drive spinning?? and ejecting?? Strider is downloadable only so there was no disk inside the PS4. So I started to investigate... by the way the prior night before I had played a blu-ray movie and that was it, ejected it and turned off the PS4, went to bed. The later though (when I was playing Strider) I turned off the PS4 completely and forcefully inserted a movie/game all the way into the PS4 blu-drive while it was off, I then booted the PS4 and the PS4 accepted the disk no problem. I ejected the disk manually and option wise via controller and the PS4 had somehow fixed itself as it was no longer making blu-ray drive noises and accepting disk's. I was elated, but I just hope it does not happen again. As good measure I reseted the blu-ray drive by holding the eject button and everything was a okay. After troubleshooting the problem I am puzzled as to why this happens. This also happened to one of my friends but he sent his back under warranty and got it fixed. I'm assuming(I'm no engenier) but I think the PS4 buttons are sensitive to ESD electro static discharge and can go haywire just my theory.

P.S PS4 model #1001A B01

sorry can you tell me whats your manufactured date of ps4

=============

Message 1149 of 1,674 (1,842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

PS4 Auto Ejecting Disc, My Story

Apr 11, 2014

I pre-ordered a PS4 in June the day they popped up on Amazon, and have been playing away with no problems since November 15th... until almost a month ago. In mid March my girlfreind tells me that the night before my PS4 turned itself on (it was completely shutdown) and kicked out Killzone on its own. Later that day I try inserting the game and the system won't let me put a disc in. I hop online and find this thread and realize this is happening to a lot of people. For some people since day one, for others like me, it just randomly started happening. I went to Sony's customer service page, did a live chat with some nice chick, she had me rebuild the database (which was a waste of time cuz she just ended up having me send my system in for repairs) then started the process of having a return box sent to me.

I live in the middle of California, the box was coming via Fedex from Texas, it took a week and a half to arrive. I packaged it up, slipped the Amazon invoice and sent it off to Texas via Fedex. It took a week to get there. They received my console Monday, had it fixed by Tuesday and had it on a truck, I received my system back yesterday (Thursday). I set it all back up, put Netflix back on, popped in Infamous Second Son (which I pre-ordered the day before release, the next day is when my system started getting wonky) so I finally got to play, I put in a solid 3 hours of gameplay with no problems. I left the game in the system overnight to see if it would kick it out all on its own. It didn't. So it seems to be fixed. I've seen people on here saying they've sent their system in for repair numerous times and are still having the same problem, hopefully I don't keep having that issue. Sony has yet to address this issue, and aside from some sites showing temporary fixes, no game site has addressed this issue which seems odd.

Was this a problem with the 1.62 update? Is it cuz my apartment gets too hot and that messes with the touch buttons on the front face of the PS4? is it a hardware issue? No one seems to know, and there doesn't seem to be a permanent fix since no one can pinpoint the actual cause. I suggest anyone who has this problem send their system in for repair. The glossy section on the top of my system had a hairline scratch before sending it off and now it does not, so I am wondering what pieces got swapped out. I know I got my actual system back because of the serial number. They must have done more than just tighten/loosen the screw on the BD drive. I hope this issue gets addressed more main stream soon. I was pretty miffed about going so many weeks without a system. I missed my PS4, and it felt great to have the controller back in my hands yesterday. Good luck to everyone else having the same issue, it's not cool at all. I'll post again if my system takes another physical dump.

Message 1150 of 1,674 (1,912 Views)