Mar 11 2017
By: CaptainDirt1999 First Son 1 posts

I'm looking for a new charging cable exactly like the one that came with my PS4.

8 replies 242 views Edited Mar 11, 2017

I have no idea where to find one, and could really use a new one. We've been using it for charging our tablets, and right now, my tablet is having a hardware issue, and that cable seems to be the only one that will charge it properly, but my Mom is using the one we have now.

TL;DR: I need a new charging cable like the one that came with the PS4. Any links to where I can pick one up would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (242 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26784 posts

Re: I'm looking for a new charging cable exactly like the one that came with my PS4.

Mar 11, 2017
Message 2 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1150 posts

Re: I'm looking for a new charging cable exactly like the one that came with my PS4.

Mar 12, 2017

I use this

image.jpeg

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 3 of 9 (209 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Mar 12, 2017

uh ya, micro usb cables are the same no matter the length, pick any **bleep** cable on amazon, just get the length you need. 

The Ds4 however will not charge on just ANY usb wall plug. Sorry it's been a long time and i'm exhausted, not going to figure it out looking for each amp pkug, but the DS4 will onyl charge on I think 1.5 amp wall chargers. not 1 amp or 2.1 amp...  Or you could just get a Power A charging stand like the one above. They have dual stands if you have more then one controller (which you should, just swap to one when the other dies).  Unless the battery in your DS4 is dead and you need a cable just to use it....

Message 4 of 9 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Mar 12, 2017

Cloud__Rulez wrote:

uh ya, micro usb cables are the same no matter the length, pick any **bleep** cable on amazon, just get the length you need. 

The Ds4 however will not charge on just ANY usb wall plug. Sorry it's been a long time and i'm exhausted, not going to figure it out looking for each amp pkug, but the DS4 will onyl charge on I think 1.5 amp wall chargers. not 1 amp or 2.1 amp...  Or you could just get a Power A charging stand like the one above. They have dual stands if you have more then one controller (which you should, just swap to one when the other dies).  Unless the battery in your DS4 is dead and you need a cable just to use it....

You're not very bright...Usb cables differ in quality not just length fruit. Sigh please stop talking.

Message 5 of 9 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2017

dallasnda614 wrote:

Cloud__Rulez wrote:

You're not very bright...Usb cables differ in quality not just length fruit. Sigh please stop talking.

I'm not saying buy a .65 cent chinese piece of crap..... dimwit. But for his purpose ANY CABLE WILL WORK. This isnt' like my one WD PAssport hardrive where I try a longer cable and not enough power gets to the drive and it just clicks......

Btw OP, Mediabridge and Anker are very good.

Message 6 of 9 (167 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2017

While I'm thankful that guys replied, and I know that any micro usb cable would work, I'm looking for that specific product, as it was a cable of pretty decent quality.

Message 7 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2017

CaptainDirt99 wrote:

While I'm thankful that guys replied, and I know that any micro usb cable would work, I'm looking for that specific product, as it was a cable of pretty decent quality.

mediabridge and anker are actually better quality then the basic cable sent with each console..... and you can get longer cords if you need... You want something equal to the quality of the original cable, just buy anything. lol  Well... not  ANYthing..... but ya.

I dont' even use my cable that came with the PS4 on the PS4 (or DS4....). I'm not sure which one of the cables in my room is the 5 or 6 foot one that came with it but I'm pretty sure there isnt' even a brand name on it, so we couldnt' tell you that anyway. Why dont' you just have a Power A charging stand and 2 controllers? Then you dont' need a cable unless your'e playign with a friend and one of you needs to plug in to keep going..... after like 8 hours....

Edit: In fact... from my personal experience, I would go Mediabridge for HDMI or headphone cables/splitters or hell pretty much anythign they sell (and now that I think about it I don't know if they MAKE USB things), unless you need a 4-pole 3.5 mm extension for a headset  with a mic... KabelDirect's work fine. Go Anker for anythign USB (portable battery packs, solar panels, USB cables etc etc). In fact I got a 4 pack of their ONE foot usb cables, I keep one plugged into my laptop ready to connect anything, the others are around the house to charge phones and whatever and not  have cables bunched up.  If I have to resync a DS4 that I had synced to something else I jsut grab one of the 1 foot's for a second.  Got 2 ten foot cables when I had wireless headsets, so I could charge while using them if they were almost dead. Got 3 of their battery packs, a solar panel for after hurricanes... still work like new after YEARS. Charge the packs every 3 months. 

But ya anyway I'm startign to babble..... These things are on Amazon btw. I don't know about other sites.

Message 8 of 9 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23391 posts

Mar 21, 2017

CaptainDirt1999 wrote:

I have no idea where to find one, and could really use a new one. We've been using it for charging our tablets, and right now, my tablet is having a hardware issue, and that cable seems to be the only one that will charge it properly, but my Mom is using the one we have now.

TL;DR: I need a new charging cable like the one that came with the PS4. Any links to where I can pick one up would be much appreciated. Thanks!

CaptainDirt99 wrote:

you have two accounts ?

anyway... this is the closest you will get

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-6-5-usb-2-0-charging-cable-for-ps4/1945252.p?skuId=1945252

personally.. for cables you can not beat Monoprice

https://www.monoprice.com/

they also have a store front at wal-mart and amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/tp/monoprice

I bought my first cable from monoprice since the ps2 era--  got a component cable for my ps2 from them.

i bought a couple of cables from them a few weeks ago for my ps3 and ps4 controllers

$10 for a 6ft USB micro cable?  i got a 15ft one for $4.38 (no sale tax+ free shipping)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/40500922

at 6ft length..  the price is around $1.52 each..  if you buy 2+ it will become even cheaper

the cables from monoprice are similar or better than the ones you bought at retail stores.. except there's no fancy packaging and brand name that is all... which is why the price is cheaper

the cables they will sell you will come in a clear plastic bag with no brand name on them

i'll throw those packaging away after opening them anyway.. price wise it's a no brainer for me..

you are getting more for less - to to mention less waste (if you care about those things).. i just care about the price

they work just fine

DSCF4275.JPG

if you already know which type of USB you will need. then browsing through the site will not be a problem for you

USB.jpg

What Are Internet TROLLS and STALKERS ??
Before you Game Share Read Me
Can Not add funds to your Wallet ? Read me
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 9 (79 Views)
0 Likes