Dec 14 2013
By: SSjEnforcer Splicer 40 posts
Accepted Solution

Game Save Data cannot upload error

[ Edited ]
178 replies 50949 views Edited Dec 14, 2013

every other day when i login/startup my ps4 i am greeted with a notification that says there has been an error trying to upload my Assassins Creed 4 (the only game i purchased and I have a physical copy, the disc is always in my disc drive) game data.

I go to the notification menu and uploads section, and click on the message and it says something like

'the upload failed as save data was trying to upload from another ps4',

would you like to overwrite the data?'

i always click no, to not overwrite any data,

but i'm confused why this happens.

the data will upload the next time i turn on my ps4, but every other time it will fail again with the same message.

i dont know why the game thinks i was using another ps4, i only have one ps4 and i use the account solely for myself.

i did notice this began the very same day i installed the AC4 companion app on my phone.

i used the app to do fleet missions, and logged out ok on the app.

but the next time that i booted my ps4 after using the app for the first time, i had the first error message for game data uploading.

i have since stopped using the mobile app, but i still get this message even still.

i have ps+ btw, 

any help?

Message 1 of 179 (50,949 Views)
Fender Bender
3875 posts

Re: Game Save Data cannot upload error

Dec 14, 2013

SSjEnforcer wrote:

every other day when i login/startup my ps4 i am greeted with a notification that says there has been an error trying to upload my Assassins Creed 4 (the only game i purchased and I have a physical copy, the disc is always in my disc drive) game data.

I go to the notification menu and uploads section, and click on the message and it says something like

'the upload failed as save data was trying to upload from another ps4',

would you like to overwrite the data?'

i always click no, to not overwrite any data,

but i'm confused why this happens.

the data will upload the next time i turn on my ps4, but every other time it will fail again with the same message.

i dont know why the game thinks i was using another ps4, i only have one ps4 and i use the account solely for myself.

i did notice this began the very same day i installed the AC4 companion app on my phone.

i used the app to do fleet missions, and logged out ok on the app.

but the next time that i booted my ps4 after using the app for the first time, i had the first error message for game data uploading.

i have since stopped using the mobile app, but i still get this message even still.

i have ps+ btw, 

any help?

I was having similar problems (my PS4 stopped uploading saves altogether), and this fix was posted by another user. 

Go to Settings/Application Saved Data Management/Saved Data in Online storage, and delete your ONLINE saves.

Go to Settings/Application Saved Data Management/Saved Data in System Storage/Uploasd to Online Storage, and manually upload your saves.

Start AC IV and play long enough to get a save.  Place the PS4 in Standby Mode and give it a couple of minutes to upload your saves.

Restart and see if that fixed your problem.

Message 2 of 179 (50,932 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Dec 15, 2013

ok thanks i will try this and let you know,

does it matter if i put my ps4 into safe mode after exiting the game?

or did you imply i should do it with the game still running after i have gotten to a save point?

Message 3 of 179 (50,911 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3875 posts

Dec 15, 2013

SSjEnforcer wrote:

ok thanks i will try this and let you know,

does it matter if i put my ps4 into safe mode after exiting the game?

or did you imply i should do it with the game still running after i have gotten to a save point?

Use STANDBY MODE, not safe mode.  If that is what you meant, I don't think it matters.  When you choose Standby Mode, the PS4, closes the app before it goes into Standby.  When I'm through playing, I usually hold down the PS button until the menu pops up, and from there, place it in Standby.  I have done it both ways.

Message 4 of 179 (50,907 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Dec 16, 2013

yep sry i did mean standby

it seems to have worked so far.

ill know for sure tomorrow since it only happened once in a day,

but so far it seems ok.

thanks

Message 5 of 179 (50,900 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

Ps4 saved data cannot upload

Feb 7, 2014
I've been getting an error message lately on my ps4 that says: saved data with the same name was uploaded from another ps4, do you want to overwrite the same data. Am I getting hacked or what? This is just really weird
Message 6 of 179 (46,154 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Re: Ps4 saved data cannot upload

Feb 7, 2014

I have been getting that message as well. It started for me when I went through the process to get my DLC for COD ghosts. Deactivated and then reactivated as my primary PS4, I figured it has something to do with that. When you overwrite it all works fine.

Message 7 of 179 (46,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 7, 2014
Same here. It started when I started using the online save option for bf4. I don't think you are being hacked. I've noticed, for me, it's trying to upload the same data up two or three times
Message 8 of 179 (46,140 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Just recently recived this message as well. Resogun data.

Message 9 of 179 (45,801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 31, 2014
Well, goes to show Sony doesn't care much for their customers (like EA/Dice).
Message 10 of 179 (45,699 Views)