Feb 17 2017
By: Vipersden First Son 9 posts

Error Code NW-31281-5 When i Put My Ps4 Into a DMZ (Solved with Port forwarding!)

[ Edited ]
2 replies 157 views Edited Mar 21, 2017

I've had this problem happen the second i put my ps4 into my DMZ to get it to a Nat Type 1. I have friends i cant play with because of Nat type and hoped this would fix it and it did. But then i keep getting the error code Np-38564-6 every 10 or so minutes. I kicks me out of my party and game i am playing if its online. This is super annoying and i hope someone can provide me with some answers as i have looked everywhere but found none. I hate having a nat type 2 and loved it when it was 1 and hope this problem is something i can fix. Also getting error code Nw-31229-7

Thanks,

Vipersden

Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Error Code NW-31281-5 When i Put My Ps4 Into a DMZ

Mar 20, 2017
If you turn off UPnP in your router settings then turn it back on you shouldn't need a DMZ set on your PS4. The issue you're having with being kicked out of parties and games may have nothing to do with the DMZ at all. If you're using wireless there's a software bug or something going around that makes your PS4 have these issues you're describing. My PS4's (Pro/Launch) both have this issue but I'm not close enough to direct feed them into the modem. Also, when you direct feed the PS4 into the modem it'll probably automatically update itself to NAT Type 1.
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Re: Error Code NW-31281-5 When i Put My Ps4 Into a DMZ

Mar 21, 2017

I have looked for UpnP settings in my router but cannot find anything about what your describing. I got the problem solved now as it just took some time and port forwarding to work. I have nat type open ingame but in partys i still have isssues. Now to make matters worse my wifi connections acting up. 

Message 3 of 3 (90 Views)
0 Likes