First Son
10 posts

Re: Error CE-34878-0, in NBA2K14. FIXED! Details inside.

Jan 30, 2014

Kadmar wrote:

I HAVE FOUND THE REASON OF THE PROBLEM AND ITS SOLUTION.

1/ That error code is the code for application crash (you can check that on the official Sony support website).

2/ When the game crashed (BF4 is a very buggy game so it crashes a lot)
and simultaneously auto-saved your save then the game has corrupted that
save. In FPS, the game constantly auto-save to record kills and other
things, that is why this problem is very common with FPS. So if that
happened, every time you try to relaunch the game, the game will load
that save and will crash.

3/ If unfortunately, while trying to fix the problem, you have uploaded the corrupted save on the cloud, there is no way you will have a healthy save file back (that is why the official Sony answer to the problem is very bad. If you uploaded a
corrupted save in the cloud, you have to start a new game from scratch
because that save will be useless).

4/ The trick to fix this in the future is to disable the save auto-upload to the cloud for PS+ members, reinstall the game and ps4 database and you upload every save manually after your gaming session if the game didn't crash on you (or if the game crashed but didn't corrupted the save). If the game crashed and corrupted your save, just download a healthy save from the cloud (that you have previously uploaded manually) and overwrite the corrupted save.
THIS SHOULD SOLVE YOUR GAME LAUNCH PROBLEMS AND LOSS OF SAVES for games that do not store the save on the developer's server.

5/ FOR TOMB RAIDER OWNERS in Story mode: Just use the 3 save slots every time
you save. If the game crashes on you and corrupt the save in your current slot, simply reload the game and a save file from another slot. Then overwrite the corrupted slot. THIS HAS WORKED 100% of the time for me on Tomb Raider D.E. when I got a crash that corrupted my save.

6/ This solution might not work with games such as AC:IV, NFS:Rivals, Call of Duty, Fifa 14 and BF4 because the save is located on the developer's server and if the game crashes during an auto-save then the save on their server is corrupted, then you are screwed because that save is automatically linked to your account and will load every time you start the game and sign-in no matter how many time you reinstall it.
For these games, a temporary solution has to come from the developers by offering us the possibility to disable the autosave feature because THAT is the reason why your save get damaged. When you save, you MUST NOT turn off the
application, unfortunately that is exactly what a crash does.

Hope that helps.

I already contacted Sucker Punch Productions to ask them to take care of this problem bypreventing it adequately. I don't want Infamous Second Son to be a problem!!

EVERY GAME should have the option to disable the AUTO-SAVE Feature but some developers didn't thought about it.

so you are saying (since i did not use all three save slots for one campaign in TR since i was not expecting to get this error since i have not gotten this error from any games in months since PS made the patch or update for it) that i have to lose all my progress in my current game (i was at 74% by the way) and make a new game and save in all 3 slots to be able to play TR again on my PS4? this getting rediculous, is this going to happen every time a new game is released? should i e prepared to deal with this crap when THIEF is released and every other game this year? i mean seriously i love playstation PS4 is where my heart lies but they seriously need to fix this crap, its getting tiring.

Message 121 of 128 (5,441 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2014

That is exactly what I am saying. Your save is gone! It happened to me at 73% near the survivor's camp. The PS4 was starting to get very noisy with the fan but I didn't suspected that the GPU will crash the game but that is exactly what happened. Now I am at 53% saved in the 3 slots!

For now this solution works while Sony is figuring out how they are going to replace all the GPU drivers or how they are going to ask every developer to offer the option of disabling the auto-save.

Message 122 of 128 (5,421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Kadmar wrote:

That is exactly what I am saying. Your save is gone! It happened to me at 73% near the survivor's camp. The PS4 was starting to get very noisy with the fan but I didn't suspected that the GPU will crash the game but that is exactly what happened. Now I am at 53% saved in the 3 slots!

For now this solution works while Sony is figuring out how they are going to replace all the GPU drivers or how they are going to ask every developer to offer the option of disabling the auto-save.

ok thanks that is kind of disappointing but i am glad to know that i am not the only one who had this problem, so how would i save my game in all three slots? the game auto-saves at certain points and you cant manually save the game as far as i know. now do you think this is going to happen every time a new game is released or do you think Sony can make a fix all update preventing stuf like this from happening in the future. thank you for your help i appreciate it.

Message 123 of 128 (5,407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 30, 2014

During the game, press options and select change save slot. It will save automatically on the slot you have selected. Do this so that the 3 slots are identical (check progress and time).

Message 124 of 128 (5,404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 14, 2014
I have sim the season on my gm and I finished the finals n I cant advance. N wen It tries to I get the error message. I think it is bcuz I used custom roster.
Message 125 of 128 (4,707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2014

I got this email like a week later when i had the same problem.

If your MyCareer file was corrupted, there is no way to recover that data. To correct this issue we need to delete the cloud save from our system and refund any VC spent on that particular MyCareer's attributes, animations, and upgrades.

If you would like to have this file deleted from our system, so as to have the VC restored to you, please provide the following:

Gamertag/PSNid:
Email Address Attached to your MyPlayer Account:
Platform (Xbox 360 / Xbox One / PS3 / PS4)
The names of all MyCareer save files that are corrupted as they show on your console's HDD This would be the name of the file itself (MyCareer, MyCareer2, PG, etc.) not the name of your MyPlayer.
The date this file was created
The date that this file was last playable
Any screenshots showing corruption or other errors prior to deleting your file.
Once this process is begun, we need for you to ensure that you have deleted the data locally from your console. To do this:

On 360: Go to System -> Storage -> Select device -> Games and Apps -> NBA 2K14 -> Select the file that has your Gamertag as the title as well as the MY CAREER saved games and delete the corrupted file(s).

On PS3: Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Select any NBA2K14 files labeled “My Career Data” and "My Profile" and delete the corrupted file(s).

On PS4 or Xbox One: the files can be deleted from within the game. From the MyCareer Menu there is a button to Manager files (Y or Triangle). From here you can delete erroneous or corrupted files.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CREATE A NEW MYCAREER IN THE SAME SLOT AFTER DELETING YOUR MYCAREER UNTIL THIS TICKET IS RESOLVED. FOR NOW, USE A DIFFERENT SAVE SLOT

----

Also, if you follow this guide, it can help assist to prevent this type of issue from occurring:

Always go to the main menu before quitting to your Dashboard/XMB.
Always go to your Dashboard/XMB before turning off your console.
Never turn off your Console when it is autosaving. 4.(Old Gen) Periodically clean your Cache/Game data
360:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

PS3:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files

4.(Next Gen) Follow troubleshooting guides for PS4/XBO

PS4:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044

XBO:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/troubleshoot-system-updates

---

If you have any other questions about file corruption, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Myesha_C_1582

Message 126 of 128 (4,607 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2014
For your camera angle fix: start a game and lock/play a specific position and change to camera angle turbo, when it asks to save say yes. After that when you start your my player it will be default to turbo.
Message 127 of 128 (4,067 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2015

did not work

Message 128 of 128 (1,190 Views)
0 Likes