First Son
9 posts

Re: Cant resume downloads on the ps4

May 5, 2014

Having the same issue with FFXIV. It's particularly infuriating because it's a 12GB download, so making it to 50% and then losing all progress feels like a nightmare. It doesn't help that my 30 day free trial for the game is already active, but I'm wasting that time just trying to get the thing on my system.

This probably wouldn't be an issue if I could just resume the download manually like on PS3. Instead I'm forced to start from scratch, losing hours each time. This seems to be an inherent flaw with the system itself, and I don't know what to do about that.

Definitely not what I spent $400 for, and that's not even counting the additional $60 I spent just to go online. What use is my PS+ subscription if I can't even donwload an online game?

Message 11 of 46 (1,555 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2014

Having the same issue with  "Stick it to the man"

Whats the point of having PS+ if i can't download the games??

SONY need to adress this soon or i'll be calling for a refund on my subscription

Message 12 of 46 (1,462 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2014
Any news about this problem? I am having the same issue with my downloads
Message 13 of 46 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2014

I am having the same problem today. I bought Bound by flame and it gets to a certain point then stops. I used to be able to just retry the download and start where i left off. Now i have to start all the way from the beginning again !! 

Message 14 of 46 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 7, 2014

Sony had it to where you could resume a "cannnot download" from where it stopped but I have found out today since I got a "cannot download" on Bound by Flame that they removed that feature with the new update. Sort **bleep**. I don't understand why they remove or "move" features that are useful....

Message 15 of 46 (1,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 8, 2014
Get a ps4 they said. Its better then xbox one they said. No youtube app. Cant make it past halfway in a download cuz it has an error then you have to start over. Go back to the store ps4 you are drunk. Selling or returning asap.
Message 16 of 46 (1,355 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

May 8, 2014
Delete the download from the download list and start it over. It's not a great solution since any download you had done is then lost but it's the only way to start it again at the moment.
Message 17 of 46 (1,334 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

May 9, 2014
I have the same problem every time I try to download the cod devastation map pack it does the same thing every time. Very inconvenient hope Sony fixes this problem.
Message 18 of 46 (1,277 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 9, 2014
Sony should be embarrassed that this is the best they can't do, not being able to resume downloads in 2014 is rediculious. I'm about to try downloading The Show for the 3rd time. I guess I will go play my Xbox One; it may not have The Show but at least I can actually download games on it.

I hope Sony realizes that when Watch Dogs comes out (or any multi-platform game) I'm going to buy it on Xbox simply because it can reliably download a game. The funny part is I actually prefer everything about the PS4 except for trying to get a large game downloaded.
Message 19 of 46 (1,224 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 10, 2014

Yeah, same here. Ordered 2 mapp packs for CoD:Ghosts and stopped downloading. It says it can't resume downloading and then when I try to resume it says DNS servers not valid. I checked all my DNS on my pc and tablet, they are all connecting fine with the DNS addresses so this has to be a PS problem. I hope they fix this soon.

Message 20 of 46 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes