Jan 08 2013
By: weymouth24 Splicer 66 posts

when the student is ready....... Looking for guidance

5 replies 238 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Just looking for suggestions as to how to learn and get good at COD Black Ops 2 - I'm not bad at most games, AC, Uncharted type of stuff, but can't seem to get a grip on the war games and not for lack of trying.

So i'm looking for advice, where is the best place to 'practice', the run and gun approach is something i'm just begining to get a handle on, but so many questions.

Whats the best way to learn the maps?

Where can i practice?

What should i look out for?

I've purchased the guide which should be here today and i'm running the campaign but thats much more forvgiving then live opponents.

I also know that the Noob is pain in the arse and mostly a nuisance, so looking for suggestions as to how to leave the noob status behind.

Thanks in advance, respond here or to my email mook@pobox.com or anyway you can.

See you out there.

(lord but i sound pathetic).

Raptr Gamercard
Message 1 of 6 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15033 posts

Re: when the student is ready....... Looking for guidance

Jan 8, 2013

There is a mode called Combat Training where you set the difficulty of the bots you play with. That may help.

What's so bad about corn syrup? It's natural; corn's a fruit and syrup comes from a bush.

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2578 posts

Jan 8, 2013

this game will be pretty hard to practice for i think.  with the bad lag compensation, its hard to get the hang of it being a veteran of the game.   in black ops 1 i was a 1.16 kill/death ratio, not the greatest, i know, but in this game, im a .85.   it dropped it that much, because i try to kill so many people, just to have them pop me twice and im dead.  to get to know the maps, just play combat training, or just start a LAN game by yourself and run around lol

Message 3 of 6 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 9, 2013
The Combat mode is much help, per previous poster and i like the LAN idea to get the run around of the place, also been using the shotgun for the smaller maps and having a lot of success with that. My aiming SUCKS so bad, i can only hope in time it'll improve. Thanks for responses folks. Already feeling better about it.
Raptr Gamercard
Message 4 of 6 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Jan 9, 2013

you can always watch people who are pretty good in the game on youtube and see how they approach each maps. From there you can add it to your playstyle

Message 5 of 6 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jan 9, 2013

the only way to get better is all based on tactics, and skill. go around the borders and flank the enemy. use huns that suits u and amke sure to use cover and learn how to dropshot

Message 6 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes