Nov 30 2010
By: psuaero First Son 1 posts

way to report MW2 hacking?

13 replies 2413 views Edited Nov 30, 2010

I'm playing modern warfare 2 right now and there are people flying, red squares around me on kill cam, knife 3 times and they don't die.  Is there anyway to report? At one point everyone in the game was speeding around and jumping like 100 feet.  so they can turn them on for everyone.  This is one of the reasons I stopped playing some PC shooters.  I hope the same doesn't start to happen on PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (2,413 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: way to report MW2 hacking?

Nov 30, 2010

Unfortunately there hasn't been support for MW2 in over a year.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Nov 30, 2010
Mw2 is dead man. At least to me it is. I would suggest buying black ops if u allready haven't. Minus the connection issues and lag that I never had with MW2, it is an all around better game.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Nov 30, 2010

sadly there is no way u can report anyone on MW2.....ya just gone have to tough it out or go get black ops if u haven't already

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 30, 2010
Makes me wonder if they haven't started hacking on Black OP's already. Sad.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (2,413 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2011

they have started already!, its sad that people have to cheat in order to play a game & playstation has no way of reporting hackers or abusive behaviour... thats what Xbox users have the luxury of...they can.

makes me wonder if playstation even care that there consoles are being hacked/tampered with & of course the game designers themselves.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Jan 8, 2011

1 If you want to pay 60 bucks a year just so you can report players, then by all means do it. Im not saying its not a luxary, but at the same time I hate the idea. Look at Black Ops, easy access to a report button and a bunch of people are getting in trouble for nothing.

2 Which also proves my second point, unless its done elsewhere its the developers job to take care of it. Since Activision only cares about the latest COD to milk money from they are the ones at fault here. You can report all you want, Sony has to clarify with Activision, at which probably says who cares tell em to get broken Ops.

Modern Warfare 2 is destroyed and honestly there is nothing we c an do about it. Activision doesn't care, IW got sued and got disgruntled with it, and the only people that lose are the gamers. Its sad that Broken Ops not only told us how Activision is milking our wallet, but it also broke MW2, so now we currently have 2 unplayable COD titles.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
431 posts

Jan 9, 2011

By Firing the support team at infinity ward and hiring someone who gives a care about their game post launch.

-----------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (2,413 Views)
Fender Bender
4321 posts

Jan 9, 2011

LOL...MW was made by IW...there has NEVER been any support for IW games, ever.  Sorry man...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 9, 2011

The game makers and/or Playstation should seriously consider a patch or dissabler of some sort, even if the game is obsolete and no longer supported. From a marketing standpoint, it shows the consumers that there is little concern over hacking, ruining and devaluing one of their games and makes us, "the consumers" less likely to feel confident in buying their products. What's to suggest that if we go out and buy a new game from the same publishers or for the same system, that in a few months to a year, it will also be unusable, not worth playing or have near-zero trade-in value because of such hacks being unfixed or unaddressed?

Just last night, my stepson had a friend spend the night and another friend who was visiting said, "We don't have that problem on the X-Box version, and now the overnight guests says he's planning on buying an X-Box instead of a PS3. If Sony has no plans to take any corrective measures at all, not even a means of reporting hacking, then I am sure this is not likely an isolated scenario of somebody making a negative purchasing descision based on such experience or observations. One of the local game dealers I visited said that they no longer accept MW2 because the game no longer has any value, trade-in or otherwise (mainly because of the hacking).

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (2,413 Views)
0 Likes