Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 4, 2011

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?

He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How, you ask?

You, the final consumer, simply own the PlayStation "shell", but not the inner workings (the motherboard, nor the Operating System -- which is the intellectual property of Sony, or the the third party producers, e.g Activision, et al).  By agreeing to the consumer agreement, you agree not to alter the programming of said PlayStation. Hacking, jailbreaking, or whatever you call it is a breach of that contract.

I'd sugest, in the future,  you either don't click "I agree" or abide by the agreement we all -- well most of us (myself included) -- blindly agree to, and enjoy the game as ait was ment to be.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 21 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Mar 4, 2011

SteveSpikes wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?

He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..

How, you ask?

You, the final consumer, simply own the PlayStation "shell", but not the inner workings (the motherboard, nor the Operating System -- which is the intellectual property of Sony, or the the third party producers, e.g Activision, et al).  By agreeing to the consumer agreement, you agree not to alter the programming of said PlayStation. Hacking, jailbreaking, or whatever you call it is a breach of that contract.

I'd sugest, in the future,  you either don't click "I agree" or abide by the agreement we all -- well most of us (myself included) -- blindly agree to, and enjoy the game as ait was ment to be.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars

Lulz, I do own the "inner workings" like the motherboard and operating system, I dont own the patents for it.

Obviously I know about the EULA/TOS your agreeing too, im just pointing out its not illegal to alter the OS.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 22 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Youll also find that Apple lost there lawsuit against jailbreaking... also hacking was around before Jailbreaking and actually jailbreaking has nothing to with cheating beside lame prestige hacks which youll be banned for anyways. So before you go spouting out stuff make sure you know what your talking about.

There a thin line what the TOS says and what your right are as a comsumer. It be like ford saying ok you bought the car but you cant change anything. No new stereo, no new rims else we have to default on your loan.

You dont lease a Ps3 you own it.

I for one dont condone piracy or cheating but I do believe you have to right to do what you want with the equipment you own.

Sony going down a slippery path and has enough problems (hence being charge with exactly what there charging geohot with by LG)

So please dont act all high and mighty before you know the facts.

Message 23 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Just to clear things up for those who think they know what they're talking about:

Stop saying it's illegal to jailbreak, because it isn't. It is 100% legal to jailbreak your PS3, just like how it's 100% legal to jailbreak your iPhone or what have you. You will not and can not get sued or go to jail for jailbreaking your PS3. Now that we got the law thing out of the way, Sony can/will do whatever they want if you are caught with a jailbroken PS3. They have that right, even though it is legal to do it, you are still breaking their agreement and those are the consequences.

Message 24 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

Mar 4, 2011

superkarmah wrote:

Just to clear things up for those who think they know what they're talking about:

Stop saying it's illegal to jailbreak, because it isn't. It is 100% legal to jailbreak your PS3, just like how it's 100% legal to jailbreak your iPhone or what have you. You will not and can not get sued or go to jail for jailbreaking your PS3. Now that we got the law thing out of the way, Sony can/will do whatever they want if you are caught with a jailbroken PS3. They have that right, even though it is legal to do it, you are still breaking their agreement and those are the consequences.

it IS illegal, when the people use programs to change code in order to change the outcome of online games. read the TOS.

not in the face, not in the face!!!
oops, was that you i shot?
Message 25 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Just because it goes against the TOS, doesn't make it illegal.  It just gives Sony the right to deny you service because you broke the TOS by jailbreaking YOUR console.  There isn't anything wrong with altering the software or hardware on your property.  The problem is the intent.  If you were to jailbreak your PS3 to install another OS, then what's the problem? (not sure it that can actually happen with jailbreaking)  If you are jailbreaking your system to get free merchandise, then there is a problem which is likened to shoplifting.

Message 26 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1832 posts

Mar 4, 2011

stonydude wrote:

your console should be banned. if you are one of the many with a jailbroken ps3, guess what? you violated the sony TOS, and the law. don't get all the people who come in here DEFENDING cheating and hacking. have we gone that far down the crapper as a society, that people constantly think they can do whatever they want with no repercussions?

not in the face, not in the face!!!
oops, was that you i shot?

There are more than one person on my friends list that were running SNES games via JB'd units. The day I heard that all consoles running JB would be banned I took a look at who was on my FL running the hack and the day after nothing changed.

I asked my three JB'd friends if they had received anything saying anything about this issue. Each said no. No warning message, no email, phone call, letter, etc, nothing.

One disappeared the following week, but I dont know if this was done by him or not, and there is no way to contact this fella, since his name is gone.

Ive been wondering if these people got into any trouble, and I havent found anything about it. I am interested.

Get your Portable ID!
www.facebook.com/thedisastronots
Message 27 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1832 posts

Mar 4, 2011

seriousbaker wrote:

SteveSpikes wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?

How, you ask?

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars

Lulz, I do own the "inner workings" like the motherboard and operating system, I dont own the patents for it.

Obviously I know about the EULA/TOS your agreeing too, im just pointing out its not illegal to alter the OS.

Just because you buy my CD, doesn't mean you own my music. I made my music. You can listen to it. You cannot 'have' it. Same thing.

Get your Portable ID!
www.facebook.com/thedisastronots
Message 28 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Mar 4, 2011

MotherJesse wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

SteveSpikes wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?

How, you ask?

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars

Just because you buy my CD, doesn't mean you own my music. I made my music. You can listen to it. You cannot 'have' it. Same thing.

Dude... comon you just said what that other guy said. Please read my post before you quote it.

"I do own the "inner workings" like the motherboard and operating system, I dont own the patents for it."

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 29 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Mar 4, 2011

BAM...THERE IT IS....      501V051yLeq.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 30 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes