Reply
Mar 03 2011
By: stonydude I Only Post Everything 1252 posts
Offline

simply put, if you hack....

56 replies 2049 views Edited Mar 3, 2011

your console should be banned. if you are one of the many with a jailbroken ps3, guess what? you violated the sony TOS, and the law. don't get all the people who come in here DEFENDING cheating and hacking. have we gone that far down the crapper as a society, that people constantly think they can do whatever they want with no repercussions?

not in the face, not in the face!!!
oops, was that you i shot?
Message 1 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2010
Offline
2049 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

Against the law?

How?

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 2 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

Sony already said they would ban users who had jailbroken PS3's.  It's in the user agreement.  What's the point here?

Message 3 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/08/2009
Offline
2539 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

search the internet.

you will find many laws against hacking.

Politicians are like Slinkies...They are really good for nothing but you can't help but smile when you push one down a flight of stairs.
Message 4 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2010
Offline
2049 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

ol_WhatsHisName wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

search the internet.

you will find many laws against hacking.

"Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world."

Any links to this because ive searched for lawsuits/laws prohibiting breaking the EULA/TOS you have with Sony and have found nothing.

It also doesnt make sense why breaking any EULA/TOS you have with a private or public company would ever be illegal.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 5 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/08/2009
Offline
2539 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

seriousbaker wrote:

ol_WhatsHisName wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

search the internet.

you will find many laws against hacking.

"Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world."

Any links to this because ive searched for lawsuits/laws prohibiting breaking the EULA/TOS you have with Sony and have found nothing.

It also doesnt make sense why breaking any EULA/TOS you have with a private or public company would ever be illegal.


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Computer Hacking and Unauthorized Access Laws

Hacking is breaking into computer systems, frequently with  intentions to alter or modify existing settings. Sometimes malicious in  nature, these break-ins may cause damage or disruption to computer  systems or networks. People with malevolent intent are often referred to  as "crackers"--as in "cracking" into computers.

"Unauthorized access" entails approaching, trespassing  within, communicating with, storing data in, retrieving data from, or  otherwise intercepting and changing computer resources without consent.  These laws relate to either or both, or any other actions that interfere  with computers, systems, programs or networks.

See also: Computer crime statutes specifically related to viruses, contaminants, and destructive transmissions.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=13494

Politicians are like Slinkies...They are really good for nothing but you can't help but smile when you push one down a flight of stairs.
Message 6 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2010
Offline
2049 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

ol_WhatsHisName wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

ol_WhatsHisName wrote:

seriousbaker wrote:

Against the law?

How?


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

search the internet.

you will find many laws against hacking.

"Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world."

Any links to this because ive searched for lawsuits/laws prohibiting breaking the EULA/TOS you have with Sony and have found nothing.

It also doesnt make sense why breaking any EULA/TOS you have with a private or public company would ever be illegal.


He denies the truth in front of his face, hes going down with his knickers flying half mast..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Computer Hacking and Unauthorized Access Laws

Hacking is breaking into computer systems, frequently with  intentions to alter or modify existing settings. Sometimes malicious in  nature, these break-ins may cause damage or disruption to computer  systems or networks. People with malevolent intent are often referred to  as "crackers"--as in "cracking" into computers.

"Unauthorized access" entails approaching, trespassing  within, communicating with, storing data in, retrieving data from, or  otherwise intercepting and changing computer resources without consent.  These laws relate to either or both, or any other actions that interfere  with computers, systems, programs or networks.

See also: Computer crime statutes specifically related to viruses, contaminants, and destructive transmissions.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=13494

"Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world."

Thats referring to hacking into someones computer with malicious intent. OP seems to be talking about hacking game lobbies and breaking Sony's EULA/TOS.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 7 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/04/2010
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

It's not illegal to hack a PS3 and it shouldn't be.  It's your property, you should be able to do as you please with it as long as it only affects you.

That said, I think Sony should ban any hacked PS3 from PSN.  PSN is Sony's property and banning hacked PS3s is the only way to protect its customers.

It's simple.  If you want to jailbreak your PS3, then you have to give up online privileges.

Message 8 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/21/2011
Offline
1229 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

ya they just came out with a law like 3 weeks ago   u can get sued and go to jail if u 'interupt' sony servers     im glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haters Gonna Hate
Message 9 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/17/2010
Offline
2049 posts
 

Re: simply put, if you hack....

Mar 3, 2011

xX_GurlwiTaGuN_X wrote:

ya they just came out with a law like 3 weeks ago   u can get sued and go to jail if u 'interupt' sony servers     im glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interrupt as in hack a game lobby or crash it because they are two very different things.

Id also like a source on this if you have one.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 10 of 57 (2,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes