Dec 01 2010
By: Nagadas Sackboy 463 posts

rare problem with black ops

3 replies 11 views Edited Dec 1, 2010

rarely but its annoying and i think its hurting my ps3. When i join a game and im at the loading screen and when the bar get full then says "waiting for players" ill just hang there forever. I guess its cause i lost connection to the server or something i dont know, but i have to hit the psn button on my controller and quit out. When i quit out my ps3 will give a double beep and then restart then im back online and can go straight back to playing cod black ops.

Does this happen to anyone else? And is this restarting from quiting out hurt my system? Im on a 250gb slim.

thanks for help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Re: rare problem with black ops

Dec 1, 2010

Nagadas wrote:

rarely but its annoying and i think its hurting my ps3. When i join a game and im at the loading screen and when the bar get full then says "waiting for players" ill just hang there forever. I guess its cause i lost connection to the server or something i dont know, but i have to hit the psn button on my controller and quit out. When i quit out my ps3 will give a double beep and then restart then im back online and can go straight back to playing cod black ops.

Does this happen to anyone else? And is this restarting from quiting out hurt my system? Im on a 250gb slim.

thanks for help.

This was happening to me a hell of a lot but a while ago I changed the search setting to locale only.  When you get to the "Player Match" screen  hit select, highlight search preferences and move to LOCALE ONLY. 

This has helped a lot but still get connection problems but noticeably better. as for hurting the PS3? sure hope not.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Dec 1, 2010
Happens to me about once a day. Just one of those BO bugs going around. Definitely annoying though, it seems like it takes ages to load the game up again due to all the long intro screens that are unskippable.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

Dec 1, 2010

dewood wrote:

Nagadas wrote:

thanks for help.

This was happening to me a hell of a lot but a while ago I changed the search setting to locale only.  When you get to the "Player Match" screen  hit select, highlight search preferences and move to LOCALE ONLY. 

This has helped a lot but still get connection problems but noticeably better. as for hurting the PS3? sure hope not.

I have had this happen to me as well. I think only once did it continue. Most of the time I have to reset and it does the same thing that happens to you. I'll have to try changing it to local only and see if that helps at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes