Mar 09 2010
By: lazy_samurai First Son 7 posts

another set of things to patch

12 replies 26 views Edited Mar 9, 2010

first off i'll state the obvious commando, its range is rediculous.

second and this ones a odd one while watching the kill cam if you hit start you will see on your map the locations of the enemy team in the time frame in witch the kill took place, simply unfair.

third, for some reason if you have on scrambler and you kill a player with the riot shield it doesn't count as a close range kill for unlocking scrambler pro, go figure.

forth, glitches that alow players to get outside the stage boundries and elevators(yes their still a problem)

feel free to comment.

Message 1 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Re: another set of things to patch

Mar 9, 2010

I still don't understand commando, I have used it a lot (on speedy classes more for the jumping protection than knifing) and I have never managed to kill anyone more than about 6 feet away, if I have tried any further I jus swish my knife i mid air.

Guess it's another of those "it only works when other people do it" kind of things.

I do wonder if it has been quietly nerfed at some point though as people aren't getting me from the silly ranges they were.

The lunge is still bothering me though, yesterday I was coming up to a corner and saw red dots so waited for them to come round:

The first guy came round the corner so I shot him with me Tar.

The second guy came around and I shot him and he lunged at me and stabbed me, at that point I had clearly put more bullets into him than killed the previous guy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
702 posts

Mar 9, 2010

x-shaney-x, the reason you don't get those huge lunges when you play is becuase it's impossible to get those lunges.  But having said that, it's possible to be killed by someone who looked about 15 feet away.  

Let me explain.  Due to the way this game is set up (P2P servers) there is always a significant amount of lag at points in matches.  Now when you see a knifer coming at you, and he looks about 25 feet away, there's a very good chance that on HIS screen, he's already about 10 feet away.  This is due to just the smallest amount of lag, which is bound to happen.

If you watch their killcam, you'll see there were actually much closer on their screen, than what you saw.  How many times have you been shot and killed AFTER running about 6 feet behind a wall?  Same cause, different problem.

Message 3 of 13 (26 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Mar 9, 2010

biggen12002 wrote:

x-shaney-x, the reason you don't get those huge lunges when you play is becuase it's impossible to get those lunges.  But having said that, it's possible to be killed by someone who looked about 15 feet away.  

Let me explain.  Due to the way this game is set up (P2P servers) there is always a significant amount of lag at points in matches.  Now when you see a knifer coming at you, and he looks about 25 feet away, there's a very good chance that on HIS screen, he's already about 10 feet away.  This is due to just the smallest amount of lag, which is bound to happen.

If you watch their killcam, you'll see there were actually much closer on their screen, than what you saw.  How many times have you been shot and killed AFTER running about 6 feet behind a wall?  Same cause, different problem.

To add to that, I was in the middle building in skidrow at the top of the steps (those infamous steps) and I was shooting people coming up the steps.

Someone backed up into my field of view at the bottom of the steps but I needed to reload so I ran back out the door and to the left to do so.  AFter rounding the corner, I get knifed. 

The killcam?  Yeah, that guy at the bottom of the steps turned around just after I did, lunged up the stairs, and stabbed me THROUGH THE WALL!!!!!  It was definitely one of those, "Did you guys see that!?!?!," kind of moments.

Message 4 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5400 posts

Mar 9, 2010

and also the cold blooded pro glitch needs to be fixed

Message 5 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

Mar 9, 2010

Commando Pro is easily countered by SitRep Pro (the best), silenced F2000, silenced TAR, and sometimes vector. SitRep pro lets you hear kniferunners from 10 miles away. And if they sneak up to you in close quarters then they deserve the kill, since they could just as easily shoot you if you didn't notice them. the other complaints are legitimate, though.

Message 6 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1315 posts

Mar 9, 2010

...and the Last Stand Pro glitch, and the FAL shotgun attachment glitch, AND the lack of dedicated servers...and several elevators, AND several wall glitches.

Face it, there will always be glitches.  The more the fix, the more the exploiters and glitchers will find.

Message 7 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Mar 9, 2010

Thanks for the info, biggen. Kudos for you. I always wondered why someone can kill me when on my screen they didn't even get a shot off before I ducked around a corner.

Message 8 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 9, 2010

Yeah, the commando perk is kinda BS.  Sometimes, I knife guys who are like 4-5 feet away....and I say to myself....dang, I knifed him, **bleep**??  That such BS. 

No retreat, no surrender
Message 9 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Mar 9, 2010

biggen12002 wrote:

While I do agree with you to an extent, I have seen several incidents where I'm using a sniper rifle and scoping an area and seen a team mate knifed by an enemy (or vice versa) who clearly HAS lunged 15 feet or more.

And by lunge I MEAN lunge.  The attacker can be seen suddenly moving at VERY high speed for that distance.  Not a lag type jump where they are in one place then the other, you do actually see the full movement.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes