Dec 17 2009
By: TAKEtheKILLA Lombax Warrior 179 posts

Why do you guys do it???

35 replies 18 views Edited Dec 17, 2009
I want a really good reason of why people camp because i get annoyed when someone camps and then i have to go and kill 1 guy that is so desperate for kills or else he will get a killstreak and make it harder for other players to get a kill or to kill the camper. And i dont want that excuse saying that "we are not the best players in the game so we need to camp to make the game fair". People that camp only 1 little time out of the whole game is ok but others that do it for about 3 games straight just ruin the game for the peole that are trying to run and gun.

P.S Im ok with snipers because they dont have a huge automatic weapon to defend themselves.
takethekilla
80 gig ps3 owner Pictures, Images and Photos
ps2 owner Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2333 posts

Re: Why do you guys do it???

Dec 17, 2009

You must be new to online gaming.

Camping has been a legit tactic since Doom deathmatches way back in 1993. 

Trophy Unlocked! Go six months without a moderator warning
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - silverwolf22
>:3
Message 2 of 36 (18 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5772 posts

Dec 17, 2009

I camp to protect the flag, or crate, etc.

I camp sometimes, I go from part to part tho, idk, if you guys find that different

Message 3 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 17, 2009

silverwolf22 wrote:

You must be new to online gaming.

Camping has been a legit tactic since Doom deathmatches way back in 1993. 

Then you must be one of those campers that hide in the bushes or corners and wait for people to run by.

Message 4 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 17, 2009
Not everybody out there is a run and gun type of person.  I do both, more of running and gunning though.  And I don't ever have problems with campers cause I know exactly where they are so it's like a free kill.
govbrown138
Message 5 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Dec 17, 2009
Just to piss people like you off
Message 6 of 36 (18 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Dec 17, 2009
If you die by the same guy in the same spot, it should be like an instant thought to throw a sticky where he is.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 36 (18 Views)
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Dec 17, 2009
I love camping because everybody else seems to have a 1-2 second advantage on me, so I have to get all the advantage I can if I want to kill anybody. If I go run-n-gun I just get wiped on the floor by all the kiddies who are using mom and dads FiOS connection with perfect blazing fast ping and connection speeds.

So I find the best place I can in any given map and tactically camp with my claymores, scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro. I really don't stay in the same exact area per-say since most players come back with a vengeance, but I just use that to my advantage. I know more than likely they will be coming back to hunt me down after looking at the killcam thus giving away my position. So I re-position my claymores in different spots and move to a slightly new area (within the same area of course) and take them by surprise each and every time they try and come back for me. On a good match, going 19-0 is pretty common for me. Although on average I typically go 10-2 or 15-3.

And FYI, usually half or more of my kills are thanks to claymores. I absolutely love em. Cause even if it doesn't kill somebody or even just gets delayed by somebody with slight-of-hand pro, I can still hear the explosion and 'tick' so I know they are coming. So I simply reposition and take aim waiting for the sitting duck to come to me. Then after disposing of them, I go and grab some more ammo off their dead body and re-place my claymore. And coldblooded pro is a godsend. I love not being vulnerable to air attacks and other killstreaks. Only time I ever get killed by one is if a teammate happens to be near me. And mix that with nina pro, and I am off the radar for GOOD. I have actually more than a few times just went prone in some high trafficked area so I could go do something else (in real life) and come back 7mins later and I am still alive. Enemies are usually walking and running all around me absolutely clueless. And since cold blooded pro takes the red name off me, as long as I am visually hidden, I am hidden for good.

This is a very effective strategy, but is tricky getting down on some maps. See I used to run-n-gun when I first started playing this game, I was WAY too used to how KZ2 played and it took me a while to realize how to play the game. I never did that good in matches and would get beyond frustrated. In COD4 I had mastered this down well, and it finally clicked with me a few weeks back that camping was the effective strategy in the COD series games. Although I have gotten plenty of luck with the run-n-knife class I have, so thats not totally out of the picture. But I would rather tactically camp. Much less stressful and can be VERY fun hunting down your hunters.
Message 8 of 36 (18 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 17, 2009

I never understood why people whine about camping.  It's a legit tactic.  They use it in the real army too.  And it's not like campers are invincible or anything.  A camper can easily be killed with a grenade.  The maps are designed well enough to prevent campers from being out of reach.

The only thing that gets me mad is when somebody hacks or glitches.  If I look at the kill cam and see somebody inside a rock, that pisses me off.  Because they more or less ARE invincible.  Remember the UFO glitch?  Yeah, that was fun for everyone >.>

And yet here we are, whining about camping.

Message 9 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Dec 17, 2009

govbrown138 wrote:
Not everybody out there is a run and gun type of person.  I do both, more of running and gunning though.  And I don't ever have problems with campers cause I know exactly where they are so it's like a free kill.

Yeah im in this boat here, campers are the easiest targets. I kill so many people with blind shots through walls. I run and gun with sniper rifles too. Even in close range i usually can pop a head shot instantly. Everyone is so pridectable now.

AlternativeOne's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Message 10 of 36 (18 Views)
0 Likes