Wastelander
572 posts

Re: Why are Hardscopes frowned upon?

May 10, 2010

No Scoping ruined sniping period. I dont snipe, have never been good at it, but a sniper is off in the distance picking off people from afar. NOT, running around the map firing shots at every moving target they see in the hopes of getting a kill. Just use an AR already.

Message 11 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

May 10, 2010

Captain_Planet wrote:
Just a quick tip for people that snipe like you're supposed to snipe.. Don't forget with come out of your scope every other second to check your surroundings. Tunnel vision will get you sneaked up on and stabbed.

I can agree with this.  Also, if you're planning to get a couple of kills out of one spot, make sure you're zeroed in for a few seconds prior and a few seconds following a kill so killcam watchers can't get you as easily.

--------------------------------------------------------
Feeling froggy? Take a leap.

BF3 Stats
Message 12 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

May 10, 2010

Didn't anyone every tell you hardscoping is the eqiuivalent to jerking off on a plane, it's not illegal just frowned upon....

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3785 posts

May 10, 2010
Hardscoping is frowned upon because people are idiots. They think that they are the best at the game, and use the most difficult methods to complete an easy task. People want to be Grizz and show off, but the fact is it really doesn't matter. I quickscope when its necessary, as if i have to pull out, and i hardscope other times.

Your objective most of the time is kills, get them however you want.
Message 14 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11328 posts

May 10, 2010

meh, i just tube. takes all the guesswork out of it.

Message 15 of 42 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

May 10, 2010

TheSwigz wrote:
I've said this before in threads, but I don't consider quick/no scopers to be snipers. They use sniper rifles, but they aren't snipers.

Snipers use their scope to lead a target and make an accurate kill or anticipate where a target will be and get a killshot.

I don't see anything wrong with hardscoping. If you know where common paths are and are familiar with well hidden areas, I see nothing wrong with using a scope the way it's meant to be used.

People who talk trash about hardscoping probably couldn't hardscope to save their lives. Good players don't have to belittle another player based on a proper technique compared to a completely unrealistic (quick/no scoping) technique.

You try to lead a target in MW2, you miss. Bullets take no time to travel. I can aim at and hit a UAV with my M9 silenced pistol with no travel time.

this is my appleworks signature.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4950 posts

May 10, 2010

OWNAGE_BURST wrote:

TheSwigz wrote:
I've said this before in threads, but I don't consider quick/no scopers to be snipers. They use sniper rifles, but they aren't snipers.

Snipers use their scope to lead a target and make an accurate kill or anticipate where a target will be and get a killshot.

I don't see anything wrong with hardscoping. If you know where common paths are and are familiar with well hidden areas, I see nothing wrong with using a scope the way it's meant to be used.

People who talk trash about hardscoping probably couldn't hardscope to save their lives. Good players don't have to belittle another player based on a proper technique compared to a completely unrealistic (quick/no scoping) technique.

You try to lead a target in MW2, you miss. Bullets take no time to travel. I can aim at and hit a UAV with my M9 silenced pistol with no travel time.

not true, if your target is running, then u have to give him a little lead or u will miss...... I promise, I ONLY hardscope, because I'm not 12 and dont look for stupid ways to get an advantage to make up for my lack of skills...... anyways, I have shot many moving targets, and have lead them all.....

Message 17 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

May 10, 2010
I snipe on maps where I'll be sniped. Also I run around with my Akimbo G18's to defend the objective. Afghan Demolition mother **bleep**er!
Message 18 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

May 10, 2010

cause it shows ur in capable of skill ur  most likely camping 

Photobucket
Message 19 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1315 posts

May 10, 2010

I quickscope and hardscope, and never get hate for hardscope kills.  Sometimes I get caught with my pants down and just have to use the sniper rifle instead of switching to a secondary.  I quickscope from a large range as well, but that's usually only when their team is camped out waiting for me to pop up.

As another posted stated, you are useless to your team as a sniper unless you are effectively helping with offense or defense as a sniper.  I couldn't agree more.  Personally, I base my positioning off of what objectives there are, and whether I'm on the offensive or defensive.  In Capture the Flag, I will either defend our flag or I will place myself in an area where I can defend our flag carrier.  On a map like Overgrown, it's very easy to sit in the back of the map and defend your flag carrier, so long as they coordinate a route with you.

Anyone who makes fun of you hardscoping is most likely just jealous, and has never been an effective player with a sniper rifle.  In fact, taking your sniping to a whole never level and start to piss people off with a thermal.

Message 20 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes