Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jan 31 2010
By: ssjTiamat Hekseville Citizen 219 posts
Offline

Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

12 replies 6 views Edited Jan 31, 2010

Look... before you all yell at me (cause there is an increasing amount of immaturity on PSN lately it seems. Both in game and out). I know similar discussions have been had. I know my psot will not change anything. etc... Im posting this for the same reason everyone else makes a post. To vent, share my opinion, and start a discussion.

 

The reason MW2 should not win the GOTY award or almost any other award? There are a couple... and I believe these are very valid points. And please.. only intelligent, serious replies. Please do not prove me right when I say that there is a ton of immaturiy on PSN (even amongst the older users - its amazing). But COD:MW2 is being called the best shooter ever, and all kinds of other accolades. But I don't think the game should win any awrd of that caliber simply because of the rampant cheating that is present in the game.

 

And before you say that is a result of the community and not the developer, your partly right. Sure the community is the reason for the cheating, however this game has left too many openings for cheating to be an issue. People find glitches, save game and user id hacks, aimbots (yes there were a couple for PS3) etc... IW made a great game. But just like many other developers in todays game industry, they too have gotten lazy. Game companies have gotten used to putting out a game, knowing full well that it will need patching in the near future. But they want to release it sooner rather then later because they need to recoup some of their operating and development costs. MW2 made a TON! I think it even broke sales records. Yet they cannot find the time or resources to at least make an effort to curb the cheating?

 

And here is another point in that regards: The cheating has gotten so bad at one point that now, whenever people get owned in a match what is the first thing they say? "OMG he cheated". Think about it, how many times do you hear people on your team mention the word cheater? It happens AT LEAST once per round in my experience. And the reason for that is because the cheating was so rampant and evident during points in the games short life that it has become a constant fear and worry for most people playing. When people always think there are cheaters in the round, there is a problem.

 

So what do we do about it? Nothin really. Its not our responsibility to fix it. And even if it was, what could we possibly fix? We are the players, not the developer, we have no access to anything that would effect a change. Except for maybe community forums like this one. But cmon, how many times have you seen a post where someone is complaining about cheating and alot of the times they get flammed by the community, or told to just leave the sessions, etc... essentially, not much we, the players can do about it. So we make a plea to IW but just like alot of us learned during the COD4 days, IW ignores their community. And fourzerotwo is about the biggest tool there is. There is a lot of history behind those last two statements, so consider that before you come to fourzerotwo or IWs defense.

 

Look, I love the game.. but it would be a travesty for the game to win a major award. The chat is way messed up. It is soo bad that I completely stopped playing with friends because all it did was frustrate me to no end and then I turn the game off. Not one person I have tried talking to over the chat system has ever been able to complete a full sentance without some or most of their statement being cut off. The chat in this game is no better then the chat in Battlefield and that was a 15 dollar game. I expected that one to be messed. But for a game of this acclaim? To have chat this bad? It is unbelieveable.

 

And since Im ranting, what is up with all the immaturity in the games lately. People act like such morons sometimes. Swearing uncontrollably, playing their music for all to hear, etc.. I cant be the only one starting to get so fed up with all this crap that Im playing less and less as time goes on.

 

One more thing... enough complaining about campers. Camping is a tactical strategy that has been around since the days of the first popular FPS's. If your camping to defend a point on the map, so be it. And the KILLCAM is put in the game to take away some of the advantage that people gain from camping in a good hiding spot. Camping will always be part of these games, get used to it and learn to counter it or start camping yourself. IT IS NOT CHEATING IT IS NOT CHEAP! Its something that happens in real battles in real life. Deal with it. It is again, a tactical strategy.

 

I would like to hear your comments on thses topics. Curious what my community brothers think. And please.. can we keep this a normal discussion? Serious, mature responses only, please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
jga
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/29/2007
Offline
7013 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

The only people saying its the best shooter ever are the fanboys.

 

2009 is over and Uncharted 2 already snatched up most GOTY awards.  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/06/2005
Offline
6195 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

Theres only one reason really...

 

The game is broken.

"No matter how hard you try... I guess you can't escape the past" - Joel

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/06/2008
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

Haha.. good point, GOTY was already crowned.

 

But still, the point is still valid. Just have to change it around a little. Cause people all over talk about how great the game is. And it is a great game. What some people fail to realize tho is that the cheating has ruined the game. It used to be fun. But now I find myself constantly frustrated by the cheaters, boosters, etc..

 

And the chat.. OMG it renders the party mode almost unuseable and useless.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/14/2009
Offline
3094 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

There are reasons why MW2 shouldn't win any GOTY awards, the chronic server/hosting crap, the appalling spawn system, the lame-o single player campaign for example but cheating is not a reason.

 

Cheating is down to the players.  MW2 is such a huge online phenomenon it is bound to draw more cheaters than other games.

 

It's a bit like saying a certain really good film shouldn't win film of the year because people keep annoying you by spouting catchphrases from it all the time (hey I'm tired and couldn't think of anything better).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/18/2005
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

jga wrote:

The only people saying its the best shooter ever are the fanboys.

 

2009 is over and Uncharted 2 already snatched up most GOTY awards.  


I happen to think its the best FPS to come out to date yet. Not anywhere near a fanboy didnt have 4 or waw just got mw2 when it came out and love it, theres bugs like every game.

CLICK MY SIGNATURE TO SEE MY YOUTUBE PAGE
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/21/2007
Offline
2728 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010
Your a little late, though MW2 did not win GOTY award it did win Shooter of the Year. Yeah this game is not perfect, but what game is?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/06/2010
Offline
1459 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

I enjoy MW2 very much, even with all the nonsense, and complainers...

 

BUT, It should not and will not be the GOTY... 

 

That will go to GT 5!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/30/2007
Offline
4321 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

Torey wrote:

jga wrote:

The only people saying its the best shooter ever are the fanboys.

 

2009 is over and Uncharted 2 already snatched up most GOTY awards.  


I happen to think its the best FPS to come out to date yet. Not anywhere near a fanboy didnt have 4 or waw just got mw2 when it came out and love it, theres bugs like every game.


There's bugs in every game and then there's MW2.  It is the product of extremely crappy developing, bad customer relations, and all around not giving a **bleep** about the consumer.  There is no other game that I have ever played that has had problems like this one. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/06/2010
Offline
1459 posts
 

Re: Why MW2 SHOULD NOT win any GOTY awards!

Jan 31, 2010

czerdrill wrote:

Torey wrote:

jga wrote:

The only people saying its the best shooter ever are the fanboys.

 

2009 is over and Uncharted 2 already snatched up most GOTY awards.  


I happen to think its the best FPS to come out to date yet. Not anywhere near a fanboy didnt have 4 or waw just got mw2 when it came out and love it, theres bugs like every game.


There's bugs in every game and then there's MW2.  It is the product of extremely crappy developing, bad customer relations, and all around not giving a **bleep** about the consumer.  There is no other game that I have ever played that has had problems like this one


That isn't true you just take it way to seriously. If you didn't and you felt that way, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't STILL be playing it...

 

My statement was a fact by the way, it's not debatable...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes