lol... Goldeneye.  Awesome game!

Message 31 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Were you disappointed in Black Ops?

Nov 12, 2010

Yes, I was disappointed.

Pros: campaign is good so far. Zombies is also good.

Cons: multiplayer's lag makes it unplayable. in three days I have never had more than 2-3 bars. I go on mw2 and get 4 immediately. When i play the multiplayer it feels like I'm doing something I don't want to do. When I played Mw2, I would have games of 2:1-5:1 k/d ratio constantly. I'm level 42 in BO and so far I haven't had more than 10 games with positive k/d ratio. The lag and recoil of the weapons are just atrocious. If this is how BO is going to be, I will regret buying it.

Also, the graphics are absolutely **bleep**ty. I means seriously, this is unaccectable. How is this even possible? How could Treyarch put out a game a year after MW2 and have its graphics be inferior to MW2's? Treyarch flat out sucks at anything graphic-wise. I feel like I'm playing Goldeneye on the N64.

Edit: You may be able to tell that I wrote this just after rage-quitting from BO.

Message 32 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Nov 12, 2010

reallyocean wrote:

Yes, I was disappointed.

When I played Mw2, I would have games of 2:1-5:1 k/d ratio constantly. I'm level 42 in BO and so far I haven't had more than 10 games with positive k/d ratio. The lag and recoil of the weapons are just atrocious. If this is how BO is going to be, I will regret buying it.

Its funny how much i see a lot of MW2 players saying this.  This isnt MW2 where kills are handed to you from cheap perks and cheap killstreaks. 
The lag will slow after a week, its the flood of new players and stress on the servers.  the recoil is right and dead on just like it should be.  These arent BB  guns that shoot a flat bead of bullets, these guns you gotta respect.

TheBIG_Lebowski

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/TheBIG_Lebowski/
Message 33 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Nov 12, 2010
{c/p}

The single player, from what I've seen - looks great.

The multiplayer however, while they have balanced it more and added depth to it, doesn't have that same 'awesomeness' as MW2 did.

I've only played through the maps a few cycles now but at this point I actually miss MW2, a game I sold because I got sick of it. Playing BO just makes me want to play some of the MW2 maps--simply put, the BO ones just aren't memorable or well thought out. Remember MW2? Afghan? Terminal? I mean look at this: http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/maps/ there's such a variety that you just don't see in Black Ops' maps. They're not horrible, they're just not up to snuff if you know what I mean.

It's just disappointing, not horrible, nor bad. The new money system for the online is cool and hey - any change is welcome with this series, but I recall in past CoD games I would reach a certain level and have a new weapon to screw around with. Now I reach a certain level and I gain access to a new weapon to screw around with... if I choose to spend my money on it. Is it just me or does that seem a bit weird? Then we have the visuals. From the HD video I saw of some campaign missions, the single player will look great. The multiplayer however... looks quite bland and even to a point - ugly. One of the biggest problems I'm having with Black Ops is that, while it has tweaked the formula and balanced the gameplay (yadda yadda), it seems in some other areas they've actually taken a step back, instead of a progressive evolution forward like sequels should be.

Of course it may seem like this post is almost entirely negative, but rest assured my view on Black Ops isn't. There is still a fun game in there, it's just a game I've already played a few times over now. Just to even it out, I'll say the gun sounds in Black Ops are awesome, just from the few that I've experienced I have noticed it a lot more than in previous CoD games or shooting games in general, many guns are very distinct and have a powerful and realistic sound to them, which is real neat. I like the fact that they've taken some chances in changes some things in the multiplayer, but I don't really like the changes they made. The user 'box' thing and it's extended customization is a neat idea, but poorly executed - it's cluttered and muddy from almost all that I've seen. The money system is a cool idea, as is the 'gambling' matches, but the way you have to buy things with the money that you'd normally just unlock in previous games is an odd route to go down. Hopefully a couple iterations down the line I'll come back to CoD and discover a fully featured, evolved and perfected game -- the pieces are certainly there.

I'm still around level 20 online and haven't touched the campaign or zombie mode, but while I'm disappointed I'm still going to be getting my money's worth out the game and taking the full experience in. Sadly Black Ops is just rock solid proof that Call of Duty is to Activision as Madden is to EA, year after year, slight makeover - not much else.

I'll be going through the whole game, but won't be keeping it long after for the multiplayer (as I did with MW2) as I simply don't get that feeling that I'll be addicted like I was to MW2's online mode. Then again there's always a positive, by the time I've fully experience and have tired of the game, I reckon it'll still be worth a pretty penny on a trade in for something new and different for a change...

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the first that comes to mind, maybe Borderlands: GOTYE -- but then again that's probably exaggerating, I'm thinking that I'll be playing it for at least a month or two more, so if that is the case then I can put Black Ops towards some games on the right top of my list... that couple/few months would lead into options such as Gran Turismo 5 and if I can stretch it into early January, Mass Effect 2. Any longer after that and I think it'll start losing it's maximum trade-in value, but I usually don't trade in games so... anyone know how it worked for MW2 or any previous games? When did the trade-in/sell-in value start to decrease from it's peak?

Cheers
---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 34 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Nov 12, 2010

F^&* it dude... let's go bowling.

Message 35 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 12, 2010

TheBIG_Lebowski wrote:

reallyocean wrote:

Yes, I was disappointed.

When I played Mw2, I would have games of 2:1-5:1 k/d ratio constantly. I'm level 42 in BO and so far I haven't had more than 10 games with positive k/d ratio. The lag and recoil of the weapons are just atrocious. If this is how BO is going to be, I will regret buying it.

Its funny how much i see a lot of MW2 players saying this.  This isnt MW2 where kills are handed to you from cheap perks and cheap killstreaks. 
The lag will slow after a week, its the flood of new players and stress on the servers.  the recoil is right and dead on just like it should be.  These arent BB  guns that shoot a flat bead of bullets, these guns you gotta respect.

I've reread this over and over and I don't get what this post is supposed to mean. Why did you quote what I said?

On a related note, I didn't use 'killing' killstreaks in MW2 besides maybe a predator missile or two. My 2:1 - 5:1 k/d ratios were helped along by UAVs and airdrops mostlly.

Message 36 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1240 posts

Nov 12, 2010

I only played like 4 matches at my cousins house so i will give some first impressions. First of all the graphics are not great, they look to cartoony, the sound it horrible the guns sound like you are shooting firecrackers and the spawns are pretty bad too, more than a few times i spawned right in front of someone, the gameplay and feel of game are not great either, it feels more sluggish and slower than any other COD game but im guessing is easy to get used too. Overall i only played 4 tdm games so i cant comment too much yet, havent played single player or any other gametypes and havent played zombies yet so but for a first impression i would give it a 7 out 10, score may go up or down after i play it for a bout a week and beat the SP.

Message 37 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 12, 2010

leukoplast wrote:

Kreichs wrote:

Nope.  I think it is a good game.  Multiplayer seems to be working better now, but I think the spawning needs to be fixed. 

Yeah, the spawn system is worse than MW2 IMO. I can't count how many times I have spawned only to have a enemy spawn in the same spot I did a few seconds later. I mean what the hell is that?

IDK man In one match I even spawned with the enemy team... It was quite funny. 

Message 38 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Nov 12, 2010

Black OPS is pretty good I like it more than MW2 that just my opinion. The new maps are easy to play with unlike MW2. Black ops graphic not the best but when playing multiplayer its erased all that. Its been a blast playing black ops. My bro in law hates black ops LOL.

Message 39 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
523 posts

Nov 12, 2010

I liked it. As soon as I start the game, I really noticed the graphics. I like MW2's graphics but anyway who cares. As long as the gameplay is good it doesn't bother me. So far so good. SP is great and zombies.

Message 40 of 43 (18 Views)
0 Likes