Sackboy
640 posts

Re: W@W Veteran Mode

May 15, 2009

sweet i'll keep that in mind when i get to that level

i work at a liquor store and have to go to work here pretty soon or i'd be working on it right now

mw2 sig
Message 21 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 16, 2009

well i got to play a little bit today and got past their land thier blood...and finally beat burn em out...that last tunnel spot earned my controller a toss to the couch and me a smoke...lol

but i finally got past it...now i'm on relentless...right where you get the sniper rifle....figured i'd take a break and cool down a bit...

if anyone is still playin through vet mode...where are ya?

mw2 sig
Message 22 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

May 16, 2009

Yeah Relentless was well named.. lol That level is tough. But after the final bunker in Burn Em out. You're ready..

It's not too bad from there until Heart of the Reich. good luck and remember if you need to toss the controller, aim for something soft..

Message 23 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 17, 2009

yeah i'm going to play a bit more today...but not till i get some food in my belly...and after i listen to some music to get me pumped...lol

i'm still on relentless in the tunnels but that shouldn't be too hard to do....then i should be able to tear though some of the levels pretty fast...hopefully i have enough time to get to heart of the reich...to get some practice runs in lol....

can't wait till i finally get that platinum

Message Edited by J1Warrior on 05-17-2009 10:09 AM
mw2 sig
Message 24 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 17, 2009

ok in the middle of ring of steel...time to take a break...drink a beer have a smoke...watch the allstar race that i recorded last night...then get back at it...(my day off so i want to try to get as far as possible today)..lol

anyone still playing this mode for the trophy...its all i got left...did all other trophies, just got to beat it now

if so where you at and hows it going for ya so far

mw2 sig
Message 25 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 18, 2009

alright got to heart of the reich!!

just killed the first two flak guns...but i have to take a break...but i have devised a plan to take down the last two...talk about a pain in the a$$!!!

way to many grenades...once i beat this level i should be able to get through the last level fairly quick and have my platinum

man this level sucks!

mw2 sig
Message 26 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

May 19, 2009

Kepp it up man!

I'll give ya some tips for the next part.  first thing is geting into the building. Not much strategy here but toss in 4 molotovs in that area by the door.  Then run like hell... You'll get more molotovs inside so don't worry about using em up..

Once in there fire at a few germans for a minute or two dodge some grenade(not near as many though). After a minute or two go back outside and grab the Panzershrek if you don't have it already.

Go back in and fire the panzershrek at the gun to the right. But after you pick off the gun crew otherwise they will block your shot and you'll have to plant the explosive yourself.

Now go back outside again, stay low and to the left. Toss a couple 'Tovs at the last gun. then run in and plant the bomb and head back towards safety. Try to get back into the building before the checkpoint comes up. But don't go in too far or you could get shot. 

Then you just have to clear out the two buildings and stairs. nearly no grenades (by comparison) in this part... but it's not easy.  stay near Reznov for the most part till you get to the end of the buildings and then go up to snipe some germans for a while. It's kinda like hard landing at this part. Just keep shooting and stay safe till Reznov moves up to the car on the stairs.  then you're home free.

All you gotta do then is not get crushed by the pillar when it falls... 

Hope it helps a bit. Good luck!

Message 27 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 19, 2009

yeah just got another 30 mins in...so here is how i took out the last 2 88's:

i basically threw some grenades by that middle building door and shot the guys to the left by the car...then ran like hell to the door got inside and waited for my team to catch up...i just kept going from one side of the hole in the wall to the other shooting enemies until my guys caught up to me...

then i went back out the door and over to the left towards the 88...shot all the guys around and ran up planted and ran back to the stairs behind you...i went over and got the rocket on the stairs (in the corner by the top)...went back into the building and aimed right at the 88 and boom..check point

then i tried a few runs to the stairs...i got all the way up to them a few times cause i thought there was an invisible line to cross for the checkpoint but there wasnt'...lol i got spammed by so many grenades...got all pissed and decided to just take a break for the night...but then i found out if you just go ontop of the building and kinda snipe for a while the guys will push up by themselves and that is when you get the checkpoint...so i'm going to do that tomorrow....then the rest should be pretty easy...

just wait till he tell me to follow him then get behind the car on the stairs and shoot until the pillar drops....then run away from the flame dude because on hardened i dont' know how many times i was far away from him but i still randomly got burned...even way back behind the car....it was bs

mw2 sig
Message 28 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

May 19, 2009

alright got my platinum....woot woot....my first one haha

glad that is over with!!

mw2 sig
Message 29 of 38 (0 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1728 posts

May 19, 2009

bout damn time.... jk lol

Nice job man, seriously. I don't have the patience for it so kudo's to you and anyone that has done it.

does this mean i'll have to play hardcore again now???

Photobucket
Aus userbar
Message 30 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes