Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 01 2008
By: MrGzus Wastelander 862 posts

~ Unofficial CoD5 Platinum Trophy List And Trophy Guide ~

36 replies 85 views Edited Dec 1, 2008

I will update the trophy guide tommorow.

If you have achieved your Call Of Duty 5 platinum trophy, post your PSN name and I will add it to the list (also, post the date you achieved it on!)

Read below for some tips on how to get each trophy!

Call Of Duty 5 : World At War - Platinum Trophy List

~ MrGzus (Achieved November 29th, 2008)

~ CharlieDontSurf- (Achieved November 28th, 2008)

~ Bizzle274 (Achieved November 25th, 2008)

~ nrounder (Achieved November 26th, 2008)

~ DeadlyGamer (Achieved December 1st, 2008)

Call Of Duty 5 Trophy List and Guide

Here is the names of the Call Of Duty 5 trophies, and some tips on how you can achieve them. Some trophies I cannot provide tips for as they are pretty straight forward.

I will add trophy descriptions later or tommorow.

Get Your Hands Dirty

No tips for this trophy.

Bloody Peleliu

No tips for this trophy.

The Sword Is Broken

When you get to the final part of the mission, defending the airfield, do NOT get on the Triple25. If you do, you will die very fast. Just stay back and kill the soldiers until its over.

Architect

Very easy mission, except for the sniper part. This can be VERY irritating. I finally found a simple trick. Once he says where the sniper is (probably 3rd floor), go downstairs of the bar to the window and make it so that you can only see the most right window of the 3rd floor. When he pops out, shoot him and move left fast to dodge his shot. Keep an eye out for decoys (you will see a light and a helmet bobbing up and down, dont shoot.) It took me 3 shots to beat him, take your time, do not rush or else you are going to rip out all your hair.

The Hammer Strikes

When you are about to open the barn with the tank in it (shows an enemy tank on the compass), go to the side of the barn and get ready, shoot it as soon as it appears, go back on the side of the barn to reload, and repeat. The rest of the mission shouldn't be difficult.

Scorched Earth

This is perhaps the hardest mission to beat on Veteran. Go inside the small bunkers to restock your supplies. The hardest part will be when you have to clear the tunnels towards the end of the mission. Go inside the bunker, get the Type 99 and a full stock of smoke grenades and frag grenades. Toss 2 smokes down the tunnel. Wait a couple seconds, go in, throw smokes to the end of the cave and some frags. When they are all dead, run back to the small tunnel where you got your supplies, restock, and clear out the last mortar pit with smoke and grenades. I suggest skipping this mission if you are unexperienced in veteran mode.

Fearless

No tips for this trophy.

Hell on Wheels

Very easy trophy, you should not have any trouble with this. Destroy the tanks first then carry out your objectives.

No Return

No tips for this trophy.

When it Rains, It Pours

Apart from the subway, its easy. Some of you might have trouble with the subway part. Hide when the lights are on, and shoot when they are off. The enemy will not hit you when the lights off so it will be simple.

One Bad Gato

Easiest mission to beat on veteran. Get rid of the PT boats first, and ignore the survivors.

Blowtorch and Corkscrew

No tips for this trophy.

The Sun Sets

Easy mission, when you are going up the hill you might have some trouble. Take your time and hide inside the empty-spider holes.

For the Motherland

Once you get inside the small house (before you start trying to destroy the Flak 88s, kill all of your teammates that are "Submachine Gunners". I know, its mean. But you will want to have full ammo for the Ppsh (or whatever its called). It is a really good gun and you are going to need it. Team mates are going to die anyways so get their submachine guns. Do not kill Sgt. Renzov though because you are going to get charged with friendly fire. Once you have 355 ammo charge out. Go for the right Flak 88 first, plant the charge, hide, then go for the right one. Checkpoint should appear once the second one is destroyed. A tank will move up and be exploded, use this for cover. Kill as many German soldiers as you can then dash into the small house to the right (to get in here, I took out the Pssh and just sprayed as I ran :smileytongue:) The rest of the mission is pretty easy.

Bearing the Burden

Very easy. The first part is really hard and might discourage you. Don't let it, after you beat that its very simple.

Saved Private Ryan

On the mission "Semper Fi", after the first part a man on fire will come out of the house and attack Pvt. Ryan (Lol), shoot the man on fire to unlock this trophy.

Weapon of Mass Destruction

In the mission "Little Resistance", once you have gotten into the turret building, there should be a pit of Japanese Soldiers (this is the part when the tanks start to appear), airstrike them.

Lights Out!

In the mission "Black Cats", shoot the 6 lights on the merchant ships ( 2 on each ship, one at each end ). They go out with a couple bullets.

Rough Economy

In the mission "Vendetta", after you take out the first 5 soldiers (and the dog), more should come walking in. Three of them should lign up and bam, snipe them. Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqd1zohMIIg (this video is not mine.)

Guardian Angel

In the mission "Breaking Point", when you are entering the final part, you will see three japanese soldiers with their hands up. Your team will run up to them. Keep your eye on the one to the right where Sgt. Roebuck goes to. They will grab their weapons. One person will die, Polonsky or Sgt. Roebuck. Save the Sergeant to unlock this trophy by shooting the japanese soldier in time.

Close Shave

Survive a Banzai attack. You will unlock this one by pressing R3 when a soldier is about to stab you with a bayonette.

Snake in the Grass

In the mission "Hard Landing", when you get to the part where there is some tall trees and nothing else, there will be japanese laying in the grass. Shoot the ground and you will get this trophy.

No Safe Place

Can be unlocked at the same part as "Snake in the grass".

Purple Heart

Die more then 10 times on a mission.

Ruthless

No tips for this trophy, you should get it automatically. When you are at the end of "Ring Of Steel", go into a tank and just shoot like crazy.

Mortar-dom

The most fun trophy ever. Grab mortars and just throw them like crazy in "Breaking Point" and you will get this.

Shot in the Dark

In the mission "Eviction", when entering the subway you will notice that the lights ontop will go out and on. When they are off, shoot your enemies. I would recommend doing this no matter what since the enemy won't attack back. Use the time when the lights are on to find where the enemy is.

Blue Ribbon

Play a couple of online Co-Op Competitive rounds and you should get this. Go commando, knife and get headshots. Try to revive a lot of people and not die much, you will get bonus XP at the end of the round. Make sure no one leaves during the round as you need to have 4 people to get this trophy.

Get Your Left Foot Wet

Complete a mission in campaign Co-op mode to unlock this trophy, no tips for this. Go on recruit mode if you want to get it done fast.

Get Your Right Foot Wet

Complete a mission in competitive Co-op mode to unlock this trophy, no tips for this. Go on recruit mode if you want to get it done fast.

Carlson's Raiders

Complete the first mission of the game (Semper Fi) to unlock this trophy.

Stormed Peleliu

Complete the mission "Relentless".

The Last Stand

Complete the mission "Breaking Point".

Stabbed in the Heart

Complete all of the missions where you play as a russian, since thats the last mission of the game. Complete the game to unlock this trophy.

The Professional

In the mission "Vendetta", when Renzov tells you to snipe the people (as soon as the bomber planes fly over), you must kill them all without reloading. You can get some easily 'collateral damages' here. The two people beside the car can be killed with one bullet along with the people by the steps of the building. Use a two bullets to kill the guys on the left. Then a guy should come and inspect the dead body. You can snipe the soldier and his dog easily when he turns his head behind the soldier, or you can snipe the soldier and knife the dog when he runs at you. Both will work to unlock this trophy.

Gunslinger

To get the pistol, once you enter the bar (before the sniper part) there is a pistol on the table (second floor of the bar).

There are some different ways to get this trophy. The way I got it was one you see a car come in from the left. Snipe the driver and then he will start to run to the right. Take out the pistol and shoot him.

Grave Robber

Throw a Six and a Half

Play the mission "Black Cats" on hardened. Simple as that.

Firestarter

The mission "Burn em out" on recruit mode. Only use your flamethrower, smokes, frags and meele attacks.

Kamikaze

Play Siemper Fi on Regulair mode. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. You can use grenades, I would suggest saving them for the part where you get ambushed.

Iron Fist

There is 17 towers and 5 bunkers. Watch this video for there locations. (This is not my video.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk3AkI0jIbM&feature=related

Sum of All Zeros

Probably the hardest trophy. Go on recruit mode on "Black Cats", play the mission until you get to the part where the zeros come. Save and quit, then reload your checkpoint. Shoot infront of the zeros and before you land make sure you have destroyed 20. If you haven't, quit and restart. Once you get 20, land and get to 30-35 on the side turrets. Then when you get to the front turret finish up the job.

Hardened War Hero

Read the first trophy guides on the veteran missions.

War Hero

Just beat the game.

Platinum

Congratulations!

The guide is not complete. I will update it more later, if you have any questions please post and I will help you out!

Message Edited by MrGzus on 11-30-2008 06:29 PM
Message Edited by MrGzus on 11-30-2008 07:48 PM
Message Edited by MrGzus on 12-01-2008 03:42 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 37 (85 Views)
Fender Bender
3320 posts

Re: ~ Unofficial CoD5 Platinum Trophy List ~

Nov 30, 2008

xLOADEDxBULLETx

i need help with the gunsliger trophy,

i did it, but it never showed UP? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1527 posts

Nov 30, 2008

CharlieDontSurf- 

I just did it last night...perhaps the hardest trophy was Sum of all zeros

logo arma 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Nov 30, 2008

xLOADEDxBULLETx wrote:

xLOADEDxBULLETx

You sure you killed the right person? When he dies everything goes in slow motion.

To beat that trophy I sniped his driver, so he started to run. Then I pistol-sniped him.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1527 posts

Nov 30, 2008

MrGzus wrote:

xLOADEDxBULLETx wrote:

xLOADEDxBULLETx

You sure you killed the right person? When he dies everything goes in slow motion.

To beat that trophy I sniped his driver, so he started to run. Then I pistol-sniped him.

Yeah there are two P38's in the sniper part. Jut get real close to your TV and put him between your Iron sigts and about three-two shots kills him
logo arma 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Nov 30, 2008
nrounder, Achieved Nov 26.
If you ever use the phrase "noob", "epic fail', or "a hero arrives", or STILL think "Rick Rolling" is funny, I hope someone punches you in the nose for being a super nerd. if you think the same way copy and paste this into your SIG. founding father. LEGIT: FOX HOUND

Xbox 360 Gamertag- nrounder
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Nov 30, 2008

i dont have it but my friend does...  he doesnt go on these boards tho

Bizzle274

November 25, 2008

subscribe to me!!
http://www.youtube.com/schwalm8190
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3320 posts

Nov 30, 2008
yeh, i shot the right person and everything went slo-mo, and reznov started laughing then the building started to blow up
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 1, 2008
Added the names to the list.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Re: ~ Unofficial CoD5 Platinum Trophy List And Trophy Guide ~

Dec 1, 2008
Added a trophy guide. Its not really in-dept yet so please post if you have any questions or need help! I will fix it up tommorow.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes