First Son
15 posts

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why I Hate Mics on COD

Mar 30, 2010

MP006 wrote:
You can mute people.......

uhh, yeah. got that. did you even read my post?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Mar 30, 2010

i use my mic to call out enemy positions, or to let my team mate know i got them covered when getting the flag or controlling a point.  i dont know if they hear me or not, but atleast im doing my part i guess.  made a lot of friend requests from this as well, and the only time i ever actually get upset at this silly game is when i cant get the bloody guy down for a kill, and i know everyone has had it happen where they get the guy lined up, they shoot, nothing happens, you shoot him more, and he still is standing, and you realize you gave away your position without getting a kill. 

TyKuhn Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Degaussernaut wrote:

MP006 wrote:
You can mute people.......

uhh, yeah. got that. did you even read my post?

I have posted about this before and this is all I got - abuse.

You can mute.........you can mute..............you can mute. I BLOODY KNOW!!!

I am so with the author on  this one. I usually mute everyone before the game starts but when someone leaves mid game cos 'teeeeeaaaaa'sssss reeeeeaaaaaddddyyyyyy!!!!' and some other 10 year old joins (what where their parents thinking buying them this game???) and he's got his bloody happy hardcore playing. I quickly go to the score to mute screen and Mr. YouCanMute comes around the corner and knifes me.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN THE GAME, JUST TURN YOUR MIC OFF?? PLEASE?? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR MUM N  DAD SHA**ING IN THE BACKGROUND THANKS!!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Mar 30, 2010

mute um duhhhhh

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1315 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Swear to god I heard some woman beating her child over the mic last night.  I heard the word "homework" fairly muffled, follow by a smacking sound, and pre-pubescent whimpering.  Naturally, I laughed pretty hard.

I concur with all of the reasons why you hate mics, however, your list is nothing new.  The same top 5 reason have been put in threads since the original beta versions of Vent and TS.  People are generally under the assumption that because they have a mic, everyone cares to hear what they have to say or are doing.  Of all possible reasons to hate a mic, I think music and feedback are the two worst.  Sometimes I like to give in to the shiza talkers, and agree with them about how much of a &&!@#$^ I am.  While they're busy concentrating on  adding every 4 letter word to a single sentence, I've already tracked them down and have been gently placing my junk on the back of their neck while swapping weapons to give the effect that I'm clapping.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Degaussernaut wrote:

i seriously wanna know why the hell kids under 14 or 15 are playing this game so regularly.

its because of piss-poor parenting. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 30, 2010

you're a little late to the party. this has been going on looooooong before mw2

I only use my mic when I am playing with friends.  I mute everyone else, then it's like we're just on the phone with each other and use real strategy.  But I also only really play Search & Destroy, so there is more strategy involved.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 30, 2010
Mute is my best friend.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
966 posts

Mar 30, 2010

I hate when i go to play a cage match and i hear a little baby voice go "Head-Shots?"

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Mar 30, 2010

SovietNam wrote:

I hate when i go to play a cage match and i hear a little baby voice go "Head-Shots?"

LMAO!

I agree with OP. The amount of <place bad word here> using mics and opening their mouth is insane. Also being an open mic lobby is crippling. Mute all function would be sweet because I have far less people I don't want muted than I do want muted. Parents do seem to be failing as well, as previously stated.

0 Likes