Aug 10 2008
By: IIITheEnderIII Splicer 84 posts

The Call of Duty Veterans

16 replies 9 views Edited Aug 10, 2008

I've got to state the truth with you guys: I'm not happy with IW's ranking system at all. Anyone, no matter how good or bad, can reach the Gold Cross of 10th prestige in time. I honestly feel that only the greatest of all players should be able to get the highest rank. But no matter how good I might be, I have nothing to show for it. Even if I have a very good win/loss ratio of 7.09 (1729-244) and a K/D of 2.31 (17171-7443)... my stats are not available for everyone to see. There's just no satisfaction in that. Only my friends can see my stats, and I think that's bull. There's no denying the fact that I will prestige to the max. But, come on IW, couldn't you have made a ranking system like Halo 3? Only the best of the best can reach level 50 in Halo and very few gamers achieve the "General" rank.

To all of you COD vets, I'm sure you understand my issue with this aspect of the game.

Message 1 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Re: The Call of Duty Veterans

Aug 10, 2008
ive pretty much been playing the game since day one and i dont really think that they need to do anything.  honestly stats mean absolutely nothing. to all you people that really care about your stats i think you need to go out into the sun and realize that stats aren't going to help you in the real world
Photobucket

Check out my YouTube page @ http://www.youtube.com/user/810tek
Message 2 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Aug 11, 2008
No offense, but I have a life. I work part-time and I go to college, so don't give me that bull. I'm just stating an opinion. I've played the Call of Duty series for years and it's my opinion that they could have made the ranking system more competitive for the really good players. And, sorry buddy, but stats do count. If you lost most of your games, chances are, you suck. And, believe me, looking at the leaderboards, a lot of people suck at COD4.
Message 3 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Aug 11, 2008

There is like 999999999999999999 players. Unless you compare your rankings with your friend's it will be pointless to just point out that you can be better than half of those people. 

I agree in a way about the rankings, there should be trophies included in the game (not possible). 

Message 4 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2550 posts

Aug 11, 2008
dude. even if you have a lot of playing time does not mean you have no life. I have 22days but i only play at night before bed. you cant to me that i have no life becuase i like playing ps3 at night. so thats not right. And i think that their system is pretty good. i mean come on how many games have 10 ranks to get to? but it would have been nice for them to give a skill level just like in battlefied.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
™™™™™©©©©©THATS RIGHT! MY SIG IS©&™Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy
Message 5 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Aug 11, 2008
Exactly.
Message 6 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

Aug 11, 2008

Stats tell you alot bout how a player plays. i wouldnt want to add a player with 14% accuracy and a .78 win or kill ratio. that tells me they arent very good. 

What they need to have a a way to sort the leader-boards. See who is on top for what ever category you want.  Streak, kills deaths losses ECT.

-Also, if you ask me to do head shots I might just say yes, then when we meet just knife the hell out of you you and walk away. People are far to trusting in a game where the point is to kill your opponent-

PSN- Payback
Message 7 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Aug 11, 2008

IIITheEnderIII wrote:

I've got to state the truth with you guys: I'm not happy with IW's ranking system at all. Anyone, no matter how good or bad, can reach the Gold Cross of 10th prestige in time. I honestly feel that only the greatest of all players should be able to get the highest rank. But no matter how good I might be, I have nothing to show for it. Even if I have a very good win/loss ratio of 7.09 (1729-244) and a K/D of 2.31 (17171-7443)... my stats are not available for everyone to see. There's just no satisfaction in that. Only my friends can see my stats, and I think that's bull. There's no denying the fact that I will prestige to the max. But, come on IW, couldn't you have made a ranking system like Halo 3? Only the best of the best can reach level 50 in Halo and very few gamers achieve the "General" rank.

To all of you COD vets, I'm sure you understand my issue with this aspect of the game.

i think its fine
Message 8 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Aug 11, 2008
that would be nice but it does not really matter that much to me.
Message 9 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Aug 11, 2008
no what i meant was you can have the worst stats in world, but you could be the best player in the world.  some people actually play for fun, not try to be the best in the world.  i mean c'mon i have some pretty medicore stats, but that doesn't mean i suck.  i just like to mess around, who cares if i have a million loses, who cares if i have a million deaths, it doesnt matter.  at the end of the day all you have to show is some meaningless numbers, that won't help you in the real world
Message Edited by PNevado12 on 08-10-2008 11:03 PM
Photobucket

Check out my YouTube page @ http://www.youtube.com/user/810tek
Message 10 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes